Reg MWS roles

Two queries regarding the MWS roles -

1. I have created a new system non-admin user in MWS with the default ''My webMethods Users" role. When I login with this user, I can’t see Monitoring or Administration menus under the Applications in Navigate tab. I expected to see atleast the Monitoring menu for this user. I have selected Monitoring in the user preferences of the non-admin user. What am I missing here?
  2. Purpose of this user is to have only monitoring privileges, so My webMethods Administrators or any admin role wont be added to the user. Now the question is whether this user will be able to resubmit services in the MWS?
    Your inputs are greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi Venkat,

you will need a successfully configured central users management for this.

The user needs to be a member of the Monitor Users group/ACL in IS.

When you create a new role in MWS for this, remember to grant the resubmit permission together with the proper viewing permissions.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thank you Holger for your response. Can you please add more to your response on point 1? If I create a new role, can it be of a static role provider or something else other than static?

How is that relevant? I am asking, because this indicates that there is probably more to your requirements than you have mentioned so far.

Reason is I’m not sure I can edit the prermissions for static roles.

Hi Venkat,

such a role can be created in the system directory.
When you are logged in as an Adminitrator, there should be a point “Permission Management” in the navigation.
Select the role you want to modify the permissions and select “webMethods”.
There should be two tabs then, one for Functional Permissions and one for Business Permissions.
Check for the Branch “Monitor” and select the Permissions you require for your Monitoring role.

There should be a chapter related to this in the MWS Administration guide.
Looking at the Monitor Users guide would be helpful as well.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thank you Holger. In a related question, as Administrator I’m able to see the services under Monitoring but for the new user I have created, I can’t see the services list. I have given the access privileges to services menu but the services list is empty. I tested by adding the user to Administrator roles, still the same issue. I have added the test user to My webMethods Users role which is part of MonitorUsers & MonitorAdministrators ACL in the IS.

does anyone have an answer to this issue?

Please provide a screen shot of your current ACL settings.

1 Like