Recursive Schemas

X-Application Version: 3.1.3, 3.1.2, 3.1.1
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : NT, Win2k, Solaris, …
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.3
JDK Version : 1.3.1

Hi,

I understand that the current X-application does not support recursive schemas. I have seen some recommendation to write our own JSP pages to support the recursive schemas.

Would like to know if I want to write my own JSP pages to support recursive elements, should i still use Xapplication API or use TaminoApi4J?

Is there any sample example?

Cheers,
Hwee Choo

I’m not sure if I understand your question.

X-Application’s generator does not support recursive schemas, i.e. you cannot use it to generate JSP pages for your schema.

However, the other parts of X-Application support recursive schemas. Thus, if you manually create the JSP pages, you can use X-Application for your schema (unless the schema hits another X-Application limitation …). In your JSP pages, you will use X-Applications JSP tags to access your data. You will not use X-Applications Java API unless you write a plugin or you add embedded Java code to your JSP pages.

Did you want to know something like this?

Michael

PS: maybe it’s possible to temporarily remove the recursion from you’re schema. In this case, you could generate most parts of you JSP pages, all you have to do manually is add the recursive parts again.

Example:
If your schema defines an element

<xs:element name =“A”>
xs:complexType
xs:choice
<xs:element name = “B” type=“xs:string”/>
xs:sequence
<xs:element ref= “A”/>
<xs:element name = “C” type=“xs:string”/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:choice>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

you could - only when generating - remove the line
<xs:element ref=“A”/>
and manually add display and edit functionality for this reference in the resulting jsp pages.

Software AG Germany, Darmstadt

Yes, this is what I want to know.

thanks.