recursive element and X-Tension

Hello,

I’ve a small problem with a recursive element containing others (itself too) inside a dtd.

I need to associate some behavior to one of these contained elements, so that each time the instance holding some of them is query, the function would be called.

The trouble is that I was not able to do that with the schema editor.

It seems that the schema editor does not understand the recusivity of the father element.

In fact the made association will only be active for a specific contexte not for all contextes that could be produced by the recursive element.

For example if I have A → (B,A?,C)* .
Saying that C is using a mapout function in the A/C contexte doesn’t emply that this function will be called in A/A/C.

Did I mess something ??? Any suggestions would be appreciated !

Guy

Hi there.

>For example if I have A → (B,A?,C)* .
>Saying that C is using a mapout function in the >A/C contexte doesn’t emply that this function >will be called in A/A/C.

Beware that a SXS in Tamino is, once mapped for a node, responsible to store and retrieve the xml content. That means, you will no longer need a special mapping of A/A/C, since it is not stored inside Tamino but in the SXS when it had to store A and A/A.

Therefore you can drop the A/A node completely and handle all this functionality in one SXS mapped at A.

Hope I was clear?

Hiran