Receiving Input XML from partner and sending XML

version 6.01.

Hi!

I am in the process of building a webMethods solution. As i understand i would be receiving an Input XML from the partner and i need to do some mapping and then send XML as response.

I would appreciate if somebody could let me know how to go about it. If possible do post the export of the package.

I have already gone through the ISXMLGuide.pdf. But i am not yet completely successful.

Also, does it need to be implemented in Trading Networks or i can do with the Developer also. How to decide when to use what.

regards,

your work can be accomplished by using only developer tool or developer tool with TN components (TNServer,TNConsole) its all based on your project requirement scope.

In my experience all the projects involved B2B IS and TN together, since it helps us in viewing detail document exchange information between your hub and partners and keep track of the errors,alerts,document stats,resubmission and many more…

bottom line is TN plays a great UI tool especially for Production support teams,developers…

HTH…

If there is no one at your company with webMethods experience, I would suggest you take a training course for starters. Also, try reading all the Trading Network, Developer and IS Administrators guides in pdf form.

Dan Green wrote a nice article that explains the mechanics of posting data to webMethods.

Your approach will vary depending on whether you are using TN or just Integration Server.

If you are using Trading Networks, you should use fully qualified XML because TN needs to recognize the document, the sender/receiver and then invoke processing rules.

If you are using Integration Server, you generate a web service (plenty of data around for that along with Mark Carlson’s article on web services), or you can invoke directly to a flow. Make sure the inputs are specified correctly.

As Will Kriski pointed out, there is a plethora of material available. If you are using 6.01, go to the right-hand most menu item and there is a menu choice that displays all of the developer resources that are already loaded on your machine.

Good Luck.

Ray