RAC Enabled DB for MWS

Hello Experts,

Do I need to run the DBConfigurator on each of the two databases to create the tables before I start using the below URL in the mws.db.xml file?

This is an Oracle RAC setup with shareplex in between the two DBs to keep the data in-sync.

jdbc:wm:oracle://ServerA.corporate.com:1528;AlternateServers=(ServerB.corporate.com:1528);ServiceName=CorpDB

thanks,
Scooby

To be sure you should ask your DBA’s because they know best how your RAC is configured and how it behaves.

Usually the databases in a RAC behave like one, so every command is replicated to all nodes. Properly configured you should not even need to care which node you connect. Aplying a command to both sides is like doing the same command twice.

Thanks Mark ,Ill ask them and give it a shot.
-Scoobydo0o0o0o!

I have a question about this, what’s the configuration if I have 4 dbs in RAC?
I know that for two DBS the configuration is:

jdbc:wm:oracle://server:port;ServiceName=XXXXX;AlternateServers=server:port

I don’t know if add semicolon after the Alternate server for add the other server, somebody can help me?

can you try and see what happens with
jdbc:wmracle://ServerA.corporate.com:1528;AlternateServers=(ServerB.corporate.com:1528);AlternateServers=(ServerC.corporate.com:1528);AlternateServers=(ServerD.corporate.com:1528);ServiceName=CorpDB

Thanks you, right now it’'s working… =)

did you use the same URL format?

I used
jdbc:wm:oracle://server1:port1;ServiceName=XXXXX;AlternateServers=(server2:port2);AlternateServers=(server3:port3);AlternateServers=(server4:port4)

:slight_smile: