Question about AS2 with support for PGP Encryption

I have a request to implement AS2 using PGP encryption/decryption for communicating with utility companies using EDI. This communication method is specific to the NAESB standard.

From what I’ve read, the body of the AS2 message is encrypted/decrypted using PGP. There are additional header information required as well.

My thoughts on producing this request is to mimic the AS2 flow code and add the PGP encryption code where the MIME code currently exists. However, many of the AS2 steps are out of the box functionality and are not readable through developer. Would it make sense to follow this path? Or would it make sense to add conditional logic to the existing AS2 code to handle the PGP code?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Colleen

The EDIINT AS2 module/layer process flow IB/OB is already send with encrypted data out-of-box and deals with the SSL/certificates during transport…So why do you need additional PGP layer?

HTH,
RMG

Technically, we don’t need the extra encryption. However, some of the trading partners we are dealing with are requiring this extra level of encryption. These trading partners are associated with the gas & electric industry.

Do you think it’s possible to incorporate this in the existing AS2 process?
Thanks
Colleen

Never tried it but may be possible with module code changes at our own risk (Copy services and R&D)

HTH,
RMG