Purchase Order

I need a Purchase order example using web flow language.

Can anyone help me out.

Prashant,

Well, a Purchase Order is a business document which can be represented in many ways including XML and as a webMethods IS document type.

You don’t need Flow to represent a Purchase Order, but you might use Flow to receive, transform, process or create one.

There are many industry-specific or eStandards-based representations of purchase orders not to mention zillions of customer-specific ones.

What do you need to do with a purchase order?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I need to receive the purchase order, send an acknowledgement i.e., a PO is received. Then, store the data and compare with the stock available and send a full acknowledgement or a partial acknowledgement accordingly.

I’m using the XML standard to create a purchase order. Can you help me out in creating a PO in an EDI format (X12 - 850) i.e., from an IData to an EDI and while receiving at the other end, I will be receiving a bizdoc. I need to convert it into an EDI doc first and then into an IData format and then do all the processing.

Prashant

Hi Mark,

Can you provide me with the same i.e., the flow services for a purchase order.

I need to receive the purchase order, send an acknowledgement i.e., a PO is received. Then, store the data and compare with the stock available and send a full acknowledgement or a partial acknowledgement accordingly.

Prashant

Prashant,

Well the good news is that you can certainly use Flow to build service to perform the PO-related tasks you listed (receive, acknowledge, store, compare and acknowledge more fully).

The bad news is that I can’t tell you how to do that in a discussion forum post (or even in several of them).

It sounds like you need some basic training in webMethods Developer and possibly in webMethods Trading Networks. You can find basic documentation on those products in the \IntegrationServer\Developer\Doc folder or on webMethods Advantage in the Bookshelf section. There is a pretty decent tutorial for webMethods Developer 4.6 that is still very applicable for current releases of Developer. You can also find that document on Advantage.

WMUsers is a great place to ask specific questions about obstacles you may run into. However, we can’t design your integration application for you or teach you how to use the products that you will need.

Mark

Prasanth,

The right place you see the XML PO to EDI (850),if you have EDI adapter installed on your IS check the WmEDISamples package…XMLToX12 folder,for more information on XML to EDI standard mapping,processing,flowservices etc…

If you are still into basics search this entire forum or visit Advantage.webmethods.com

goodday,

HTH,
RMG