pub.file services

Can someone explain to me how I’m supposed to specify file paths for Windows-based networks in the fileAccessControl.cnf for using pub.file services?

This is my fileAccessControl.cnf:
allowedWritePaths=\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo\;\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba
allowedReadPaths=\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo\;\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba
allowedDeletePaths=\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo\;\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba

(all three are the same two folders)

I get this error on a pub.file:listFiles call where the output folder is “\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba”:
[ISS.0086.9263] Specified path [\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba] is not on the [allowedReadPaths] allowed list in the fileAccessControl configuration file

I really don’t get why this doesn’t work.

I think I figured this out. From what I can tell, the problem is that the first path in my list, “\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo\” had trailing “\”. This not only made that path not work, it made the second path not work also. When I removed those it worked. That left me with this file:

allowedWritePaths=\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo;\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba
allowedReadPaths=\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo;\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba
allowedDeletePaths=\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo;\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba

Is it working now?

Hi,

it should be possible to specify the pathes in Unix-Style (single /), even on Windows.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Erossing,

In your case second path is not working as first path was included your second path in itself.
1.Remove the “\” from end of (\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo\)

1. Please avoid the Space in file or directory name if you can.
    your first path having Space (\\brs-fs02\public\erossing\taleo\Outbound from Taleo).
    It may give you error some time.

When modifying the parameters in the fileAccessControl.cnf file, keep the following
point in mind:

1.If a file or directory name has a semicolon (;), use two backslashes (\) before the
semicolon when specifying the allowed paths. For example, if the filename is: c:/
temp/ab;c.txt
Specify it as: c:/temp/ab\;c.txt — in your case this situation occur.

So now in your case this path is treated as a signal path that why you got an error message
"[ISS.0086.9263] Specified path [\brs-fs02\public\erossing\ariba] is not on the [allowedReadPaths] allowed list in the fileAccessControl configuration file "

May it help you if you have any further question feel free to ask.

Thanks
Ashish Kumar