pub.client.ftp:quote - CLOSED

Hi,

pub.client.ftp:quote - says you can use this service to execute non-standard FTP commands.

Can anyone share the examples of non-standard FTP commands.

I tried with the below commands but it does not work except the pwd command

ls, mkdir, get, put

Can you please provide some more details :-

What error are you getting ?

Which FTP server are you using ?

Which IS version are you using ?

Rakesh,
Answers inline below:

What error are you getting ? 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.

Which FTP server are you using ? FileZilla

Which IS version are you using ? 9.7

Hi Mahesh ,

FTP Quote command is used to execute commands directly on the FTP server.
Generally we use the FTP quote command for such commands which are not present on the FTP client and we want to execute the command directly on the server.
So, the sub command which you will be passing inside the quote will be executed directly on the FTP server.

the 500 error , command not recogniized means the command you are passing in quote has not been directly present on the FTP server.

You can try this using windows default FTP client . login into the FTP server using windows FTP client.
with “help” you will get the list of commands present on the FTP client.

You can use “remotehelp” command to see the list of commands present on the server. Then you can try any of the commands listed by the remotehelp , with the FTP Quote command.

HTH,
Rakesh

1 Like

Thanks for your time Rakesh, I will try this out and give my comments. Have a nice Sunday :slight_smile:

All,

This topic is old but the information is latest and it will help other who is looking for this :slight_smile:

Quote service in WmPublic/pub.ftp folder will accept raw ftp commands. For details and syntax refer the link below:

http://www.nsftools.com/tips/RawFTP.htm