Problem with Stylesheets and generated HTML

We finally sorted out all the issues we had running existing, unconverted Natural screens in a web browser with Ajax. However, there are some problems with the way the “greenscreens” look in the browser, mainly because the PF Key line appears off the screen and a scroll bar has to be uses to see them (not immediately obvious). We found the following:

PF KEY control as to where they appear on the screen, does not lie in the correct DIV in the generated HTML (pfkeydiv). Therefor one cannot control this (eg positioning) at all in the stylesheet. The height of each individual line is pre generated (as percentages) in the HTML and cannot be overridden in the Stylesheet.

The provided stylesheets, eg 3270 PF Keys on top.css, has no impact at all on where the PF Keys appear. They stay on the bottom. Same with the Keys on the left style sheet etc.

Is there a way to change the way HTML is generated (runtime) for a greenscreen?

I cannot reproduce your problem that it is not possible to display the PF key on top or left. It should work fine. Can you open a problem at Software AG support for this?
You can adjust the global line height in the script files natunicscript-ff.js (for firefox) and natunicscript-ie.js (for IE). Search for the line
var FONT_HEIGHT_MULT = 1.35;
and change the value to e.g. 1.25.

Which version of NJX are you using? What browser are you using? We have improved the greenscreen output for NJX124. Can you upgrade to this version?

We have NJX123. The problem with the PF-Keys happens on both IE (version 7.0.5730.11) and Firefox (Version 3.5.3).

The plan is to upgrade to NJX124 early next year.

A further problem is the runtime conversion of the “Insensified” attribute on a Natural green screen to a web page. On IE the Intensified appears only slightly darker than the “default” text. On Firefox there is a distinct difference. I know about the two files controlling the seperatelty for the two browsers: transuni.xsl for Internet Explorer.

transuni-ff.xsl for Mozilla Firefox and transuni.xsl for Internet Explorer.

Both of them convert “Intensified” to font-weight: bolder

Thank you for the info regarding font sizes.

Werner

I’m using the same browsers as you and I cannot see a differences between intensified text (font-weight: bolder) in IE or firefox.