Problem with smtp port

Hello,
I am facing an issue with pop3 email port.
My email polling is to poll Failure emails coming to inbox i.e Mail from delivery subsystem which indicates

** Delivery failed for the recipient xxx as the recipient is not found **

Initially i tried sending emails to wrong email id within my organisation using wrong email ids ending with xyz@<myorg>.com and i got failure emails to inbox and I was able to process it with a global service just like any other email.

Please note in this case the Undeliverable Failure email comes from

But there is an issue when i send an email to a wrong email id outside the organisation eg: xyz@gmail.com

In this case the Undeliverable Failure email comes from Mail Delivery Subsystem.

When the email comes, it is not invoking my global service but there is an error in the server log as

2013-02-27 11:51:24 CET [ISP.0068.0005W] Error processing email message. [ISS.0068.9002] Skipping processing returned email message.

Is anyone aware of this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
wMuser

There is a server setting for this:
watt.server.email.processReplyEmails=true
the default is false, change it to true

Hi Tongwang,
Thanks for the update, but it did not work for me even after including the setting you had mentioned :frowning:

Regards,
Kriths

Hi Krithiga,
Try below mentioned setting.

watt.server.email.processReturnedEmails=false

Regards,
Vikas

Hi Vikas,
Thanks for the update but this setting did not work either.
But can you please tell me if it should be ‘false’?

From the context I understand, we are setting false for processReturnedEmails.
But in my case I have to process the returned emails if am rite (i.e the mail from DELIVERY subsystem which says recipient not found etc…)

Regards,
Kriths

Hi Krithiga,
I am sorry. I thought you do not want to process error email (In my project we have to ignore). In your case it should be ‘true’. Let me know after changing if it is working also please share your extended field settings for emails.

Regards,
Vikas

Hi Vikas,
Thanks again.
We don’t have any other specific extended settings for email except the two i got from this post from you and TongWong.

watt.server.email.processReplyEmails=true
watt.server.email.processReturnedEmails=false

I will change it to true and let you know soon.

Regards,
Kriths

This to be true

watt.server.email.processReturnedEmails=true

Hi Vikas, RMG,
Finally it worked, after changing this setting to true.
But i need a small info. We have these extended settings along with its purpose documented somewhere?

So, far I could not get any clues on the issue until i came up here and got the solution from you people.

Thanks a lot again :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kriths

Hi Krithiga,
Good to hear that finally your issue got resolved. Regarding documentation few extended field settings are given in product documentation and few you can get to know in read me pdf which tells about the issue in previous version and for remedy of that solution extended field settings change (if applicable to that issue) else you need to check with SAG support.

Regards,
Vikas

Thanks Vikas :slight_smile:

Yes you may need to check with SAG support if you don’t see any documentation help for some parameters or check the Empower KC they cover some info.

HTH,
RMG