Problem With Cyrillic characters

Dear All,

One of my customer is facing a problem, as stated below
When a ASP page tries to pass data for Cyrillic characters, the broker in between gives an error and the mainframe is not accepting the characters
I got the following lines from the error output
<XBR_Property XBR_Key=“xbd.error.text”>com.softwareag.xbridge.exceptions.XException: Broker Error 0003 0005: Partner finished the conversation</XBR_Property>

Pls help me to resolve this problem, let me know if in case you require more information

THIS IS VERY URGENT, PLS HELP
Any inputs are welcome.

Regards
Sundar

Dear Sundar,

if you have an urgent product problem you definitely need to contact your regional Software AG support.

You need to provide more information, e.g. which products or product components (and which version) you are using. This is not clear, you are talking about ASP and Broker but the exception is from XML Mediator.

Dear Rolf,

Thank you very much for your quick response.
I just provided you what ever inputs I had, I know this is not enough. I will try and get more inputs on this.
But is it possible for you to let me know the nature of the error and under what circumstances this kind of error could occur?
Can it be because of character encoding (as suspected by the customer)?
Can refer me to any online material that gives me some information about the error message?

I apologize for not providing enough information.

Regards
Sundar

You will find a lot of information in the Internationalization with EntireX Communicator chapter of the 7.2 documentation.

Yes, this is very likely. If the Broker cannot convert the characters the server will receive an appropriate error message and terminate the interaction with the client which results in the mentioned error.

What version of Mediator and the Broker are you using ?

Dear Rolf,

EntireX Version number is 7.2.1.11

Some more information on the nature of application

When a user logs on using the ASP screen, it generates an XML that is used to send information to the broker, which reads the data and updates/inquires the mainframe. The broker seem to be failing when Cyrillic characters are entered. It also fails for a few German characters like the “double s”.

Regards
Sundar

Dear Sundar,

you need to discuss this with technical support. They will probably ask for a Broker and/or RPC Server trace to verify that this is really a codepage issue (and which codepages are involved).