Problem with base64 encoding.

I’ve used the ‘Web Service Descriptor’ Wizard in Developer to create a connector, that consumes another web service. The service is document/wrapped style and simply returns a specific file encoded in Base64.
Now when I test the connector in Developer I get an error:

2009-03-15 23:50:58 PDT [ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9112] An Exception was thrown in the server:[ISS.0088.9139] Output parameters do not conform to targetOutputSignature: 
        errorCode=VV-004
        pathName=/tns:KonfigurationsdateiWrapper/tns:datei
        errorMessage=[ISC.0082.9031] Type mismatch, Document expected

the ‘datei’ node in the ‘KonfigurationsdateiWrapper’ document is of type String and Content type is ‘base64Binary {http://www.w3.org 2001/XMLSchema}’. so it seems okay. Saving a file with another service that is using the same document type works fine.
Since all the document types and connectors have been created by the wizard i would have expected that the service works ‘out of the box’.
Has anybody experienced similar problems ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

tom

P.S.: i’ve been using tcpmon to inspect the message send by the remote service and it validates fine against the WSDL.

i found the solution to the problem. The soapClient in the connector created by the wizard uses the wrong document type as targetInputSignature (some document type with the suffix ‘_Input’, that isn’t part of the wsdl).
That document type only contains one node, the actual document type used in the wsdl.
When i set the targetInputSignature to that document type it works. i’ve been using the wizard like that quiet often without problems, so the problem must be somehow related to my wsdl.
but since i found a solution i will just stop exploring :slight_smile:

i don’t think however that the problem is related to base64 encoding.