Plug-In to the WebDAV-Server

Hi, Gurus of WebDAV and Slide!

How can I achieve this:

I want to put a document in a WebDAV-folder and have the server act on this file prior to inserting it into Tamino.

For example, it could act upon the existence of a certain attribute-value in the put file.

Okay, is this possible? Where do I have to look to make it happen?

Best regards, and Happy New Year!

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

I can think of three possibilities:

1) Use the interceptor concept of Slide (you will find information and an example (quota) on the Slide developer list)

2) Write our own (child) store by using/inheriting from the delivered Tamino stores and overwrite the needed methods.

3) Use the filter mechanism of Tomcat 4 (the current version of Tamino WebDAV Server is installed with Tomcat 3.3 only)

Best regards,

Juergen

Hi,

although I did not yet try it my self, I assume that point 3) is the easiest to achieve. You do not need to steep into the internals of Slide and it seems easy to program filters (see: http://click.idg.email-publisher.com/maaaeZnaaQM9Va87gCBb/).

BTW: The released version of Tamino WebDAV Server is able to run under Tomcat 4.0. Just copy the delivered taminowebdavserver.war file to the webapps location of Tomcat 4.0 and start Tomcat.
Regards,

Peter

Sorry for being unprecise. To run TWS under Tomcat 4.0.1 some additional environment variables are required:

set CATALINA_HOME=
set TAMINOWEBDAVSERVER_HOME=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\taminowebdavserver
set CATALINA_OPTS=
set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Dcom.softwareag.LoggingOn=true
set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Dtomcat.home=“%CATALINA_HOME%”
set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Dtaminowebdavserver.home=“%TAMINOWEBDAVSERVER_HOME%”

After copying the delivered taminowebdavserver.war to the webapps location of Tomcat 4.0.1 and setting the above environment, the server should now start bin/startup.bat.

Regards,
- Peter