Package States

Hi all,

Quick question… What does the “white” colored package signify? I understand that “green” means everything has been committed and “red” would have some changes not yet committed.

In any case, would anyone have any link i can go to for this info? I’ve been looking around and fail to find the answer to this…

Hi Gian,

can you provide more details please?

A screen shot showing the different types of packages will also help here.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you for the response. I have attached a screenshot of what I was meaning to say. This shot is from designer Software AG 9.9…
pkg.JPG

Hi Gian,

thanks for the screen shot.

I assume you are using “LocalServiceDevelopment”.

Is there any specific about these packages (esp. the orange and white ones)?
Might it be that these are system-defined packages (usually starting “Wm”, “Wx”) which are not versioned and therefore ignored by default?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Yes, I am using the local service development. I am curious as what the white one means for the package (state?).

The white one was our own package which only contained all the database and adapter connections I am using. When I had it committed, it was initially green, then went white after I refreshed my view after a few hours.

I think we can ignore the orange ones for now as they were not really part of the packages I had for deployment…

Hi Gian,

can you check the History Log and/or Repository State in the Version Control System you are using for Local Service Development?

Can you have a look at Designer Local Service Development Guide for wM 9.9?
Might be a chapter in the Service Development Help.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

I’ll do this and see if the answer can be found there :slight_smile:
Thanks, Holger!