Optimize for infrastructure

Good morning,

I’m a new user of webMethods 7.1.2 components and I would like to use Optimize for infrastructure but i don’t really understand the functionnement of this component. Is it necessar to start Infrastructure Data Collector or does it run automatically in back when we start the Optimize?

Best regards

Hi,

Optimize for Infrastructure enables you to monitor all webMethods component resources
in real time. It contains two components: Infrastructure Data Collector and Optimize.
� Infrastructure Data Collector monitors the system and operational data associated
with webMethods run‐time components, such as Integration Servers, Broker
Servers, Brokers, and adapters, and reports the status of these components on
Optimize for Infrastructure.
� Optimize enables you to access the resource information collected by Infrastructure
Data Collector. You use Optimize for Infrastructure to monitor the status of
individual managed objects as well as the overall status of your system. Optimize
for Infrastructure also includes a Prediction Engine for performing sophisticated
root cause analysis and predicting system problems before they occur.

Go thruogh the documents
7-1_Optimize_For_Infrastructure_Users_Guide.pdf
7-1_Optimize_For_Infrastructure_Administrators_Guide.pdf for more details.

Thanks,
Vikram S Pachica.

Hi, I have te start the InfrastructureDC. All my components are start in local. I can’t start another IS when InfrastructureDC is started… I try to change the port of InfrastructureDC by using server.bat -port 5556 for example, after i start an IS in local (port 5555). I go to the web interface localhost:5555 but was redirected to InfrastructureDC web interface… I’ve change the watt.server.diagnosticPort of InfrastructureDC as the 7-1_Optimize_For_Infrastructure_Administrators_Guide.pdf said but i’ve got the same problem… I don’t understand why… Thanks, Jean-François

Hi Jean-Francois,

InfrastructureDC is an IS by itself, with some customized packages.

If InfDC and your normal IS won’t start together, it’s likely because they’re trying to use the same ports. Don’t forget that each of them is using :

• its main port (5555 by default)
  • diagnostic port (9999)

So the procedure I used on our HP-UX box was (as far I remember, it’s was 2 years back and we don’t use Optimize anymore :

• Start only InfDC
  • change its main port as well as the diagnostic one
  • restart InfDC
  • start your normal IS.

Bye

Laurent

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your answers. Finally i’ve started the infrastructureDC and integrationserver on differents main ports and i’ve changed the diagnostic port of infrastructureDC.

When i run the infrastructureDC, i’ve got this message. The two components are connected to the same broker.

java.util.MissingResourceException: [GLX.000.0000] Unable to load ResourceBundle
, basename=COM.activesw.API.client.BrokerMessages, locale=fr_FR
at com.wm.g11n.util.wmResourceBundleLoader.throwMissingResourceException
(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.g11n.util.wmResourceBundleLoader.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.g11n.util.wmResourceBundleLoader.storeInCache(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.g11n.util.wmResourceBundleLoader.getBundle(Unknown Source)
at COM.activesw.API.client.MessageLoader.getResourceBundle(MessageLoader
.java:59)
at COM.activesw.API.client.BrokerException.lookupString(BrokerException.
java:295)
at COM.activesw.API.client.BrokerException.toString(BrokerException.java
:88)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.comms.BrokerTransport.getLastPublish
SequenceNumber(BrokerTransport.java:380)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.control.BrokerSensor$BrokerPoller.run(BrokerSen
sor.java:305)
java.util.MissingResourceException: [GLX.000.0000] Unable to load ResourceBundle
, basename=COM.activesw.API.client.BrokerMessages, locale=fr_FR
at com.wm.g11n.util.wmResourceBundleLoader.throwMissingResourceException
(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.g11n.util.wmResourceBundleLoader.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.g11n.util.wmResourceBundleLoader.storeInCache(Unknown Source)
at com.wm.g11n.util.wmResourceBundleLoader.getBundle(Unknown Source)
at COM.activesw.API.client.MessageLoader.getResourceBundle(MessageLoader

Could you help me please?

Jean-Francois

I am installing IS, Broker and MWS - each in separate m/c for creating pre-prod. I am bit stuck up with what products to tick for installation as below:

1)Should I choose Infrastructure (separate one…not the ‘Opt for Infra’) and Optimize and Blaze Advisor during IS installation or MWS installation??
2) For Broker, I think i shd choose only the ‘Broker’ thing…nothing else like optimize, etc…ryt??

please help!

Hello,

Your post sounds a bit confusing for my tired neurons but …

m/c ???

• Infrastructure will be automatically selected as a dependancies of the IS
  • Optimize is a separate product as far as remember. No relationship w/ IS at installation stage
  • Balze : I duno as I don’t use it. Probably separated too.

Idem as the IS. It’s a separate product so no installation dependencies on Optimize or other stuffs.

My advise is to select only the product you’re looking for in Installer : it will stick automatically sub products if needed.

Bye

Laurent

Thanks Laurent,

Sorry I meant the host server machine.

you are right with the infrastructure, it got automatically selected when I selected database component configurator…so no problem.

For the optimize, i thought we need the WmOptimize folder in the IS Admin Management folder section, so do we need to select it for IS installation?

I will better stick to ur advise…that sounds easy :slight_smile:

No, it will install Optimize. WmOptimize is installed within the IS package as far I remember (I did that 2 years ago ;))

No it didnt, I had to manually choose Optimize 7.1.2 separetely :frowning: and I did it.

Now say I installed IS in Server1 along with Optimize. And I wanted to install MWS alone in say Server2.

Now my question is should I choose Optimize 7.1.2 in the Server2 also??? Or should I select only the a) My webMethods Server 7.1.2 and 2)My webMethods User Interface.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.