Null able inputs for Flow service based on JDBC service

I have a JDBC adapeter based service. I want its inputs to be null able.
I created a flow service using this JDBC service. The input of the flow service is null able. However, when I map the input of the flow service to the JDBC service and run the service it gives me an error

null [ADA.1.314] Cannot set data for the input field “” [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service .

The JDBC adapter service I am using is a SELECT sql service. Both the “Allowed Null” and “Required” properties of the input field of JDBC service are set to “True” and I can not update them in Developer.

The JDBC and Flow service using this JDBC service can run from the Developer itself. However, once I use the WSDL to run the flow service I get this problem. SOAP UI as well as CAF designer gives the error stated above if nothing is specified in input.

Hi,

Are these fields defined to accept NULL values at database side?

No they aren’t. But that is not an issue.
Basically in my where clause I want to use
WHERE

AND INPUT_FIELD_DB = NVL(?,INPUT_FIELD_DB)

Hence I want to ignore a part of where clause if the field is null.
I don’t want to use OR clause.

If the field in the DB is not NULLABLE then you can’t execute it with null values. Are you expecting the adapter service to skip part of the query based on input?
Frame your query and then execute it with Custom SQL adapter?

Thanks for the response.
Like I explained before, the field is not NULLABLE. But that doesn’t make a difference to what I am trying to do.
I am not trying to insert null into the field.
I want to be able to skip part of WHERE clause if null is passed as input.
like…

INPUT_FIELD_DB = NVL(?,INPUT_FIELD_DB)

so if input is null, INPUT_FIELD_DB = INPUT_FIELD_DB, and hence the condition will be ignored.