Notification on an MDN Returned with Processing Error on Payload

Hi,

So I am in a bit of a dilemma with TN and EDIINT. When we send a file via EDIINT it is possible that our partner may have trouble with the message payload and return an MDN specifying the error in processing. We see this negative MDN in activity task list of both the original EDIINT document and the MDN returned. The problem is this really doesn’t do much more than display as negative activity task. At the very least I would like to see a notification sent out on this error so it can be worked on.

How can I create a notification if the MDN is returned specifying a processing problem on the original payload?

I cannot add a custom Processing Rule as it will not act on the user status ‘ProcessMDNMsg:ERROR’. One recommendation I received was to modify the existing processing rule for processing the MDN. I am opposed to this as a future EDIINT fix/update could wipe out the modified rule.

Do I have to build some sort of query service on the activity tasks and report errors?

Has anyone solved this problem. I would prefer something that would trigger real time and not be a scheduled query.

Good question!.

But I wish there is an easy way to alert for MDN error alerts from the EDIINT module out of box but none exist unless modifying/custom adjustments on the provided TN rules as you already aware.

Did you try use wm.tn.task folder services that does check the Activity log/tables and this may returns what you need for your alerts as a work around?

For now the only option could be to have custom logic development via task services.

Sounds this can be a feature request with SAG part of the EDIINT module either to be trigger real time or generate MDN report like current FA reports which I can think of:

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG!

I will take a look at that. I agree this would be a very good feature to add to EDIINT. The more provided out of the box the better. I find customization can be challenging and dare I say fun to implement but in the long run it can make support troublesome.