No data points to display

hi,

we are trying to add a widget using info gauge. when trying to apply it to a group containing live sensors (sending location information) and active location simulators as well, we are receiving “No data to display”. Is there any trick that we are missing on any level? for example tenant configs level?

Hi,

It would help if you could provide some version information and screenshots.

When picking the data points, you would have to select one of the children of that group on the left hand side.

In my case I’ve selected the ubuntu-rpi4-tedge device to pick data points from it:

Regards,
Tristan

As Christian said, but in addition you can separately choose more than one device this way and then the datapoints of it. In this example I have datapoints from two devices on my widget…

It can be confusing because by default there is no device name to distinguish the device the measurement is from, but you can edit the label of the measurement to manually add this.

Regards,

Robert

thanks, actually it is more complex than that: we are receiving from a positioning engine an MQTT message including long, lat, Alt. Middleware is performing the data pre-processing and is pushing to Cumulocity API a “Create LocationUpdate event” and we also added “Update device position” but none of them seems to be considered as a measurement (Ex: long measurement or lat/alt measurements) so apparently we need to convert the info in the event as a measurement probably using analytics builder, are we on the right track? or is there any other easier way to achieve this?

Any reason why you would like to show the coordinates like that in an gauge?
To display coordinates, you are probably better off using the map widget.

If you are also updating the device position, there are other widgets to show attributes of the device. You could e.g. use the “Asset properties” widget to do so:

Why not have your middleware send a measurement containing the lng,lat and alt rather than or alongside the event?

what is the API call which would be used in this case?

https://cumulocity.com/api/core/#operation/postMeasurementCollectionResource