Need help with UM Provider Filter

Hello,

Trying to find out some help in constructing a provider filter for the below requirement.

Wanted to check if the preferenceId exist or not.

clients[0].preferences[0].id != $null and clients[0].preferences[0].id != “” → tried this, unfortunately it didn’t work.

Thanks in advance!
rAm

Tried the below and no luck

clients[0].preferences[0].id != null and clients[0].preferences[0].id != " "
clients[0].preferences[0].id != $null and clients[0].preferences[0].id != “”
clients[0].preferences[0].id != " "

-Veera

Veera,
are both clients and preferences defined as document lists (arrays) in your publishable document type?
Have you tried using clients[0].preferences[0].id = ‘1’ and then publishing messages with ‘1’ or other values to check whether the left part of the filter is OK?
Maybe you can post a screenshot of the document type definition from Designer.

Please try clients[0].preferences[0].id IS NOT NULL and clients[0].preferences[0].id<>‘’

Hi all…

I am very new to universal messaging.Can any of you send me the steps to follow to use universal messaging in webMethods?

Hi Jonathan

Looks like the ‘Encoding Type’ for a publishable document is changing from Protocol Buffers to IData automatically, after i sync and save the document. Using Designer 9.12 on 9.9 Integration server and 9.9 UM. I don’t think this happened early. I was able to set the encoding Type to Protocol Buffers before without any issues. Do we know any known issues with IS 9.9 and UM 9.9. please help.

Thanks,
Veera

Hi Jonathan,

Found the issue. Looks like it is with Designer 9.12, when i changed the encoding type with 9.9, it looks good. Something to remember.

Hope there will be a fix soon for 9.12 Designer.

Thank you for your work!

Veera,
if you have a reproduceable case where Designer 9.12 is not working correctly with IS 9.9, then please open a Support Incident with Global Support, then we can work on a fix.

Hello Xiaowei,

I tried both and it didn’t work. Thanks for your reply.

-Veera

Jonathan,

Sure, i’ll. Thanks

Hi Jonatha,

It was nice meeting you last time and you are the right person to catch for this :stuck_out_tongue:

I am also facing the same issue. We are using working on IS 9.10 but using 9.12 Designer.(this was not giving any issues in previous versions)

While saving the doc publishable doc in the designer, it’s not allowing me to set the encoding type as “Protocol Buffer”; Automatically it’s changing it to “IData” and when I tried to reverse the changes by using 9.10 designer; it’s not at all allowing me to update the doc.

Please let me know if this issue is already addressed. I am attaching the diagnostic data fro more information.

diagnostics_b2b9isdev01.isus.emc.com_5555_20170614093621.zip (873 KB)

Hi Jonatha,

I am also facing the same issue. We are using working on IS 9.10 but using 9.12 Designer.(this was not giving any issues in previous versions)

While saving the doc publishable doc in the designer, it’s not allowing me to set the encoding type as “Protocol Buffer”; Automatically it’s changing it to “IData” and when I tried to reverse the changes by using 9.10 designer; it’s not at all allowing me to update the doc.

Please let me know if this issue is already addressed. I am attaching the diagnostic data fro more information.

diagnostics_b2b9isdev01.isus.emc.com_5555_20170614093621.zip (873 KB)

We did change the default encoding type for new doc types from IData to Protobuf in 9.12, but that should not stop you changing the encodingin previous IS versions from Designer 9.12.
It looks like a defect, so please open a Support Incident with Global Support.

Hi NIlay,

I have opened a SAG ticket a month ago. Looks like there are still some outstanding issues using 9.12 designer on the lower version of IS (which in my case is 9.9 and 9.10). I was suggested to use the corresponding version designer and the ticket was closed. When i have to make any changes to the Publishable docs or Trigger, i started using the corresponding designer to make the changes.

-rAm

Ram, can you send me the support ticket number? I’d like to follow up with R&D.
thanks

Hey Jonathan,

Here they are 5274383 and 5274014.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Jonathan,

we have migrated all assets to UM. To kick start a BPM process I am trying to run a publishable document type from designer by creating a run configuration. But it says that we cannot run a publishable document type unless the document is connected to Broker Connection alias. Is there any way I can test without changing the document Connection alias to Broker

Hi Dinesh,
what version are you using?
Earlier versions of Designer did not support running publishable doc types with UM. That capability was added in a later version (I’m not sure which one- I think it might be 9.10).
The alternative is to create a simple Flow service that publishes a test doc and then run that from Designer.