NaturalOne versions in January 2021

Is there a person here who can answer the following questions:

• How many versions of the NaturalONE product are there?

• What are their correct names for the order?

• What are the restrictions and limits of individual versions, especially in terms of connectivity with NDV Version 8.x.x 9.x.x for all hardware platforms?

And finally where is located NaturalOne that will work with the official SOFTWAREAG
images in the docker store. A version that will allow you to run all the sample applications and examples from the SYSEXUEX library.

Hello Sznura,

All our products are available in Empower
https://empower.softwareag.com
On the left menu select →
“Product Documentation”
“Product Version Availability”.
You should look for NAT ,ONE or NDV for the information you are looking for.

There is no general rule for restrictions or combabilities, it is set per product per version. Please share your product versions and platform.

Natural ONE community edition could be download from this link.

I hope this helps.

HI
Your post does not answer my questions, besides about the version, localization of the Community version. - thanks

In empower “Product Version Availability”. ther is no Natural ONE community edition
there is no for "docker "
there is no “full”
there is no “free”
ther is no “commercial”
And others that are used, for example, in this forum or in empower.

That’s why I ask again:

• How many versions/edytions of the NaturalONE product are there?
• What are their correct names for the order?
• What are the restrictions and limits of individual versions/edytions, — especially in terms of connectivity with NDV Version 8.x.x 9.x.x for all hardware platforms?

Dariusz

It would probably be best if you contact your local Software AG sales representative! They can answer all your questions about the versions of NaturalONE available and how you can obtain what you need.

Empower includes the supported versions of products, so no, it does not list the community editions of the Software AG products.

In Addition to Kelly’s comments.
The CE is not listed in our product availability it is mentioned on the Guide of the CE.

Dariusz,

You forgot to mention , what are you trying to do ? What is the purpose of your questions ex.

a) Are you trying to document Natural One for us ?
b) Are you trying to create backups of all the Natural One versions ?
c) Are you trying to learn DOCKER ?
d) Could you give us your current Software AG configuration ?

Note: If you refine the quality of your question, you should get better responses/answers

Anton

For starters, I just try to understand myself to better advise my organization and save time and money.

Ad. a) I wouldn’t even dare. however, if this product were well documented, there would be no questions, and globally counting the hundreds of hours wasted by people trying to launch this product.
Ad b) I don’t do backups of all versions, because it would only cause more confusion, don’t you, if you have too many backups, sometimes you don’t know which to restore from

Ad c) no, i don’t learn docker, i can use it a little and that’s enough for me

Ad d) My current configuration is in production nat823, ada825, complete 6.8.1 and CICS 5.2 in testing / migration to ada851, nat827? nat911? all on Mainframe under z / os

Add Note The quality of my question is appropriate, just answer it. but that would require more … I don’t know what: good will, a lot of time.
sometimes when you have nothing to say, just don’t say anything

Dariusz

1 Like

They thank you for the advice, local representatives are sellers and marketers, and it is difficult for them to obtain such knowledge.
Dariusz

PS sorry for the poor english, translated by google.

1 Like

Hi,

Dziękuję / Thanks for explaining your situation more because your questions makes more sense now.

I checked all my Natural versions and I can not find Natural Library :

SYSEXUEX

Note: We will give you more feedback tomorrow because it’s a public holiday in the USA today

Na Zdrowie

Anton

Library SYSEXUEX is in FNAT in all Natural releases.

Feedback

a) How many versions of the Natural ONE product are there ?

There should only be one at this stage  Natural One V9.1.2
  In Sept 2020 Software AG was talking about Natural V9.1.3 but that was before their website got hacked and they are still struggling to get their website "back on it's feet". 

Here is the notes distributed before the "hack" :

Compatibility relations between ONE and Eclipse versions:

1.- NaturalONE 9.1.1 is based on Eclipse 4.7.3a.

2.- NaturalONE 9.1.2 has been tested based on Eclipse 4.11. The ONE 9.1.2 documentation will be updated accordingly.

3.- With NaturalONE 9.1.3 (2020Oct release) perhaps Eclipse 4.13. might be used, but there is no proof available until now.

The documentation in Empower for ONE 9.1.2 had a mistake regarding the required Eclipse version, which has now been corrected.

The Eclipse versions for ONE are as follows:
ONE 9.1.1 - Eclipse 4.7.3a
ONE 9.1.2 - Eclipse 4.11
ONE 9.1.3 - Eclipse 4.15.

b) What are their correct names for the order?

The Natural ONE  CE or Community edition is just an "after thought" and I would not even try and use it because by the time you are going to figure outhow to use it, your license will expire. 
Note: You will also get an email from a "fresh" Software Ag salesman about your intentions.

c) What are the restrictions and limits of individual versions, especially in terms of connectivity with NDV Version 8.x.x 9.x.x for all hardware platforms ?

I am extracting from the Natural 912 release note : Use one of the following combinations:

Natural Version 8.2.7 and cumulative fix 6.Natural Security Version 8.2.7 and cumulative fix 6.Natural Development Server Version 8.2.7.3 with the Natural Web I/O Interface.

Alternatively, use Natural Version 9.1.1, Natural Security Version 9.1.1 and Natural Development Server Version 9.1.1. ( but then you do not have the 3270 interface on the mainframe)

c) And finally where is located Natural One that will work with the official SOFTWAREAG
images in the docker store. A version that will allow you to run all the sample applications and examples from the SYSEXUEX library ?

Answer: I have not tried any of these images on the Docker Store yet. I was playing with Adabas V6.7.1 this weekend and it’s also got functionality to make a docker image but the documentation is really bad and I could not even figure out, how to make Adabas V6.7.1 work properly on Windows 10

What else ? Software AG will also change things on you ,without sending out any notifications. I started with the SoftwareAgInstallaer20191015 in Sept 2020 and I saw this weekend, we have a SoftwareAGInstaller20191216 ( I think, they have the year wrong in Bulgaria )

Patrick Gould also tried to create a Natural One Cookbook in April 2018 but the information in this publication is totally out of date.

Conclusion bases on the products you stated that you are running : My current configuration is in production nat823, ada825, complete 6.8.1 and CICS 5.2 in testing / migration to ada851, nat827? nat911? all on Mainframe under z / os

Stay away from Natural One for as long as possible because the marketing team in Software AG is trying to force the Natural community into the Java world and I think, the Natural world is better/faster/simpler and more stable.

Note: To " Clever Endeavor" out there : Natural V912 does not have a SYSEXUEX

“Człowiek nie wielbłąd, pić musi”

Anton

I have SYSEXUEX in Natural 912 under Windows and Natural 827 under zOS where it has been available since at least v421.

Ralf’phie,

You not pointing to port 2800 on your Windows platform . Now remember Nat V912 is on the LUW platform and Nat V911 / Nat V827 / Nat V42 is on the mainframe. So, if you map to port 2800 ( local port), you get this natural libraries in NatV912 :

x.pdf (279.7 KB)

a) Another way to see the Natural libraries for your Natural V912 installation is to just go to directory : C:\SoftwareAG\naturalone\natrun\FNAT

b) How to see the NATPARM for your Natv912 Windows version ( Maybe make a short cut on your desktop that points to ) :

C:\SoftwareAG\naturalone\natrun\bin\natparm.exe

c) Now the FUSER is in your ECLIPSE workspace at this location :

C:\Users\xxxxx\workspace105.naturalone\fuser

Note : Substitute xxxxx with your windows logon and the workspace name, is the name at the start of your Eclipse session.

d) It can happen that Software Designer comes back and says : WORKSPACE in USE

Solution : Delete the .lock file in the eclipse workspace at this location :

C:\Users\xxxxx\workspace105.metadata

Anton

Last Hints & Tips for Ralf’hie :

a) How to find the ports on your Windows 10 machine that are being used :

Click the Start button, type cmd , then right-click “Command Prompt” when it shows up in the search results. Click “Run as administrator.”

Once you’re in the elevated command prompt, enter the following command:

netstat -ab

Note: To save the output of the above command on to your C drive :

netstat -ab > C:$C\Projects\SoftwareAG\Natural_One\Config_PC\PortsBeingUsed.txt

Now Software AG has their own “Software AG Default Ports List” but I think, I found it on parts of Empower that is still working and there is no URL at the top/bottom of this list.

Anton

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.