Natural reporter with QR code or other images

Hi all,
I’m trying to print a QR code using Natural Reporter. I’m already using reporter to print invoices, but now we have this need to print a QR code but I don’t have a solution yet.
I’ve tried to produce the QR code image with other apps and then to include it in Reporter, but that image is not updated, even when using a link in the editor.
Any idea to print this? Can someone help me on this?
Thanks and kind regards,
João Costa

Do you use ApplinX UI for you application?
In the past I used ApplinX as my interface to print barcodes.

Eli

Hi Eli,

I’ve used ApplinX many years ago also :-). But now I only use Natural and Reporter. For the bar codes I’m using the font C39HrP48DhTt and it works well.
The problem now is that I need to print a QR code ( 2D code), and I don’t a find a way to do it.
Even if I try to create an image for it, Natural reporter doesn’t update the image, it always prints the image used when reporter is saved.

KR,
João Costa

Then I would recommend to use 3rd party application which enable printing with API.

Eli

Thank you Eli.
I would like to continue using Natural Reporter because I’ve sent to much time doing documents with this.
One of the hardest parts is that I don’t find documentation for this product, except for the Natural Comand PROCESS REPORTER.

Anyone there still working with Natural Reporter or something equivalent that I can use instead?

Thanks a lot for you time,
KR
João Costa[en.composer.underline_text]

@JoaoCosta

Did you see this in the Natural 9.1.3 release notes?

Notice of Future Changes

The following will be changed in upcoming releases of Natural:

Support for Natural Reporter on Windows

The Natural Reporter allows for comfortable graphical formatting and output of business data.

With the end-of-maintenance date (EOM) for Natural for Windows Version 9.1.2 on April 30, 2021, Software AG will drop the support for the Natural Reporter. The October 2020 release of Natural Version 9.1.3 will not include the Natural Reporter package.

Hi @Ralph_Zbrog ,

no I didn’t, we are still working with version, 6.13.14!
And I’m working also with Linux. Programs calling reporter are not compiled in Linux, but I call them with RUN instead of FETCH. This has been the way to work with Reporter and we’ve spent much time doing the layouts. It’ really sad to stop using it now. And I don’t know what to use to replace Reporter.

Thank you very much for your information.
Best Regards,
João Costa

This topic was automatically closed after 1083 days. New replies are no longer allowed.