Natural Reporter "parameters"

Quite a number of years ago I became aware of the facility called Natural Reporter which is “built in” to Natural on the PC. I immediately changed the subscription system for my newsletter, Inside Natural,
to utilize Reporter.

Basically, I ran routines from the system, which is totally coded in PC Natural, which generated work files. Then I would initiate Natural Reporter and edit/print the appropriate reports. It finally occurred
to me that I did not have to initiate the Reporter “manually”. By using USR1052, I could start up the Reporter from within my Natural program. The obvious next step was to not only start up Reporter, but also pass USR1052 the name of the report I wished to print. This was quite simple, and saved me a few manual steps.

This weekend I started wondering about using USR1052 to also pass a print command to Reporter. I read the documentation that was available with Reporter. No clue about whether this could be done or not. I
tried COMPRESS’ing the command PRINT onto the string I was passing to Reporter. No luck. Then I decided to try passing ctrl-p (the print shortcut) to Reporter. In case anyone is curious, this is H’10’ (the web is
great for finding such obscure information). No luck again.

Then I went to the About Reporter on the toolbar. Discovered that Reporter was apparently written by Cypress Software Inc. Googled that, and discovered a lot about the organization, but nothing
about the allowed parameters for calling Reporter.

Does anyone know where to find an explanation of the possible parameters (and syntax) that can be passed to Reporter.

Thanks,

steve

Hi Steve,

12 years after your message i’m still using Natural Reporter and having some problems.
Can’t find any documentation on Reporter…
I’m including an dinamic image in a report with a link to the file. The problem is thar the image is only update if I edit the report and click on the Update Now button in the links options.
I can’t find any way to update the image when I use the PROCESS REPORTER …

I’m sorry to ask you this in you Topic, but it is the only topic I find related to Natural Reporter.
I hoping that you have some more information on this product.

KR,
João Costa

Hi Joao;

In 2010, after 20 years publishing Inside Natural, I finally ended the newsletter. Inside Natural was the only reason I was utilizing Reporter. It has been ten years since I have done anything with Reporter.
I will try to look at your problem, but no guarantees.

steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for that.

I’m using Reporter for some important documents on our POS applications.

It has been working well but now I have this need to include the QR code!

KR

image001.png

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.