NAT0963 when called from EntireX

Hi Friends,

When i call subprograms using EntireX eventually return the error NAT0963, its a sporadic error that occours only when using entireX.

When the program was called from the emulation terminal, has no problem.

It occours from specific users group, not occours with developer users.

Any sugestions?

As a NAT0963 means

it depends on how the clients connect to the RPC server, how securitxy is set up on the RPC server side etc.

Thanks Wolfgang

When i create the EOL object i am using the parameters:

With objEOL
.ServerAddress = “THE ADDRESS OF THE SERVER”
.NaturalLogon = “Y”
.UserID = “USERID”
.Password = “PASSWD”
.Library = “LIBRARY”
End With

After this i do a call to the subroutine using:

objEOL.SUBROTINE PARM1, PARM2, PARM3, …, PARM4

And the next step (i used this after detected the problem, to force the clear of any buffer):

objEOL.logoff

The explanation of NAT0963 says: “The current user has attempted to execute a Natural program which has a restricted status.”

You said that it occurs from specific users group so it looks like these users do not have the right permission.

The question is:

are THE ADDRESS OF THE SERVER, USERID, PASSWORD and LIBRARY static, i.e. the same
for those users receiving the NAT0963, or are they different for the developers group ?

your client is VB? are you not setting the RPCUserId and RPCPassword? These are the values used by the Natural Logon unless you are using the logon options S or E.

If RPCUserId or RPCPassword are missing UserID resp. Password will be used. See http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8-2_sp2/EntireX/8-2-SP2_EntireX/dcomWrapper/genObjects.htm#standardWrapperProperties