NAT0920 in CICS TS v31

We are a Natural v414 site under ADABAS v743 and CICS.

I have a Natural program doing a call to a third-party module written in C/C++ as follows:
SET CONTROL ‘P=LS’
CALL ‘SSAOPEN’
#SSA-COMMON-PARMS
When I run this in TSO, all is fine.

However, in CICS, I get:
NAT0920 Program SSAOPEN cannot be loaded (FFFFFFFF).

We are a LE370=yes site.

There are a lot of details and I will be happy to supply any info that I can.

Can anyone help?

Well, without know how your called program is expecting the parameter data to be passed, it hard to say, but I would try changing the SET CONTROL "P=LS’ to ‘P=C’ or ‘P=S’ to see which one works. The ‘P=S’ is for standard CICS linkages and the ‘P=C’ is for passing the values of the parameters instead of the address of the data.

If these don’t work, you can always write a small COBOL program that acts as an intermediate program between Natural and the C++ program. I have had to that in the past with some third party products.

a NAT0920 says that Natural can’t load the requested module from the operating system. I’m guessing this is not (yet) a problem of parameter passing (which is what the %P= option controls).

Is SSAOPEN a CICS module, callable using CICS conventions? If you are calling the same module from TSO, it is not using CICS conventions. Either

• you need to obtain the equivalent CICS module and ensure that it is in the DFHRPL library and has a PPT entry created for it, or
  • link edit “SSAOPEN” with the Natural nucleus and use the CSTATIC option. This will use the MVS standard linkage conventions (BALR 14,15, parameters in R1).

Please check out the documentation on the %P= command
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/natural/nat422mf/tcom/pcpeq.htm#pcpeq
and the Natural support of LE environment:
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/natural/nat422mf/ops_mf/misc_le.htm

Dana,

Was there ever a solution found to solve the Nat0920?

Alan Peterson.

NAT0920 return code -1 indicates that Natural under CICS is NOT LE enabled.
Pls follow the instructions of member #README, which is supplied in the NCI4.1 distribution source library to make NCI LE compliant in CICS.

Alan,
To answer your question, my data center did not wnat to do the suggested steps to make Nat v41 LE enabled.
We are now Nat v423 and I have traded my NAT0920 for an S0C1.

Alan,
To answer your question, my data center did not wnat to do the suggested steps to make Nat v41 LE enabled.

Alan,