mysql sample

I am having a problem with getting the Mysql sample to work. I installed mysql and the mysql odbc connect and followed the readme instructions to the letter.

However, when I run the first program (SQL1CREA) to create the table, I get the following error

SQL1CREA 0011 NAT3570 ODBC error -1 occurred. - Error code 3570 was received from Natural
Connected to Host: 192.168.56.1 Port: 3500
User = NDV
Natural application :
Parameters :
Custom info:
Language: 1

Has anyone been able to get the mysql sample to work?

Hi,
from the error code “NAT3570, -1” we cannot say what the problem is. This error comes up at every kind of ODBC error.
At line 11 in SQL1CREA there is the first SQL access to MySQL. It looks like you have made a mistake in one of the steps described in the readme file. Especially consider lower and upper case.

When you start the MySQL command line client, you can check some settings, you should have done.

• enter “show databases;”. Check that mysqldb exists.
  • enter “show grants for demo;”. Check that user demo has been created.
  • enter “status” and check that the TCP/IP port is correct.

Check the created data source MySQLODBCLink (Start > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC)).

It seems unlikely that you have modified the parameter module, because it is not documented how to do that. If you have done so, you have to make sure, that DBID 101 is defined as type SQL.

The part “- Error code 3570 was received from Natural
Connected to Host: 192.168.56.1 Port: 3500
User = NDV
Natural application :
Parameters :
Custom info:
Language: 1”
of the error message is not relevant. It comes from the NDV server which is used implicitly.