MWS provisioning through Composite template

Hello ,

I am attempting to provision MWS instance through composite template. I have defined required details of DB , Install host , port , directory , layers , templates , node provisioning etc…
However when i execute the template , i see an warning message
“WARN #13518 No nodes to process for layer: dbc. Skipping this layer.” and its skipping to execute DB scripts through DB configurator.

Also it attempts to install platform manager during the process , though its already available on target machine in different directory (installed alongwith IS)

following is YAML section in template for provisioning .

provision:
default:
dbc:
- ${dbc.alias}
mws:
- ${env.alias}
server:
dbc:
- ${dbc.alias}
mws:
- ${env.alias}

nodes:
default:
default:
host: ${mws.host}
port: ${mws.http.port}
secure: ${mws.https.port}
#credentials: ${spm.credentials.key}
bootstrapInfo:
installDir: ${install.dir}
repoName: ${repo.product}
platform: ${os.platform}
port: ${os.port}
credentials: ${os.credentials.key}

are any details missing in above section? Appreciate if i can get working template for cross verifying the template. I have used SAG provided template on github site.

regards,
Shahed

Hi Shahed,

One possible reason could be that the dbc.alias is pointing the local node. And local node is excluded from the provisioning operations.
If that’s not the case please attach the template and the properties files so we can have a closer look?
I’m assume the indentation of the yaml got messed when posting the topic.

Best Regards
Nikolay

Thanks Nikolay for response. I corrected the dbc.alias and it executed the DB component for MWS

However , its now stuck at following point while provisioning the MWS layer from long time.

Waiting for runtime component OSGI-MWS_default to achieve expected status…

Attaching template in xml format , it does’t allow me to upload yaml format

MWS.xml (6.2 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.