MWS Not Getting Started- Invalid column name - UUID

_problems_1.log (25.2 KB) Hi All,
While I am able to start IS successfully using SQL server 2019 database, I am finding issue with MWS as it is not getting started and throwing an error - invalid column name - UUID. Attached is the snippet of problem.log file . Can anyone please provide an insight on this ? I am trying to install 10.5 trial version on window 10.

Hi Kumar,

Please install the latest fixes for MWS and DBC and run the DBC with the latest scripts for MWS component and try to re-initialize the MWS again.

Regards,
Firoz N

1 Like

Thanks @Firoz , I am able to resolve this issue. I was running the script manually from the location - C:\SoftwareAG105\common\db\MywebMethodsServer\MywebMethodsServer\scripts and have to run older scripts to get this issue resolved.
I am able to get MWS login page but both user(Administrator and sysadmin) cannot login to it due to attached error. Added full.log file as well. Please suggest.
full.log (11.5 KB)

Hi Saurav,

The error in screen attached shows like the server is not found to host on browser.

Please re-initialize MWS and re-start the server once.

Ensure you tail the logs and see that server gets started fine without any errors.

Once you see the URL’s listed with 8585 in start up logs, then you can try to hit them via browser and verify.

Regards,
Firoz N

1 Like

Hi Kumar,

can you explain what you mean with “older scripts” being used?

Setting up a DB should always be performed with Database Configurator as there are dependencies between the different types of scripts. Unfortunately the 10.5 Trial version does only have a Command Line version, but no UI.

See Installation Guide for further informations about how to setup a database for webMethods.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thanks @Holger_von_Thomsen, While looking into the older scripts(after installation, there were multiple folder created for various previous version ie 8.2 , 9.0… so on) and noticed that for one of the case we do have UUID creation script present. I have that executed and then it has resolved the issue.
Nevertheless, I reinstall everything with DCC execution using CLI and everything works fine now.
Thank you for your valuable comment and feedback.

2 Likes

Hi Saurav,

It is always recommended to use Database Component Configurator to install the component related schemas/objects in the database, rather than running the scripts manually.

Well glad to know the issue for you is resolved. Hope the MWS starting was resolved after correcting the DB related issues.

Regards,
Firoz N

1 Like