MWS - fix6 rollback

Hi,

I have installed MWS_7.1.3_Fix6 (on top of Fix2). 

Because [b]Fix6 [/b]has some problems, I have tried to roll it back.

I have restored all the files that fix 6 replaced. 

I have removed all the extra files that fix6 contained.

When trying to start the MWS I get the following error:

2011-03-17 19:00:23 CET (Framework : INFO) - Loading phase: [phaseID, phaseName] [miePhaseTwo, miePhaseTwo]
2011-03-17 19:00:23 CET (Framework : INFO) - Initializing components of: miePhaseTwo
2011-03-17 19:00:23 CET (Framework : INFO) - Initializing components of: cluster
2011-03-17 19:00:23 CET (Framework : INFO) - Initializing server: master
2011-03-17 19:00:23 CET (Framework : INFO) - Initializing components of: classManager
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : INFO) - Initializing components of: global
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : INFO) - Initializing components of: languagePackManager
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : FATAL) - Content is not allowed in prolog.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.webmethods.rtl.util.xml.XMLUtil._loadDocument(XMLUtil.java:330)
	at com.webmethods.rtl.util.xml.XMLUtil.loadDocumentFromInputStream(XMLUtil.java:293)
	at com.webmethods.rtl.util.xml.XMLUtil.loadDocument(XMLUtil.java:277)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.getRegistryBasedComponentCollection(BaseProvider.java:647)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:494)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.init(BaseProvider.java:125)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponent(BaseProvider.java:609)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:512)
	at com.webmethods.portal.service.global.impl.GlobalProvider.init(GlobalProvider.java:60)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase.initComponent(DefaultPhase.java:99)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:512)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase.init(DefaultPhase.java:44)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initComponent(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:257)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initializePhases(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:89)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.ClusterPhaseProvider.initializePhases(ClusterPhaseProvider.java:27)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.init(PortalSystem.java:868)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.main(PortalSystem.java:827)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.start.Main.start(Main.java:131)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.start.Main.main(Main.java:48)
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : INFO) - No registered exception delegate
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : FATAL) - [POP.001.0002] A "{0}" occurred with the Message "{1}"
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.getRegistryBasedComponentCollection(BaseProvider.java:647)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:494)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponent(BaseProvider.java:609)
	at com.webmethods.portal.service.global.impl.GlobalProvider.init(GlobalProvider.java:60)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase.initComponent(DefaultPhase.java:99)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase.init(DefaultPhase.java:44)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initComponent(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:257)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initializePhases(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:89)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.ClusterPhaseProvider.initializePhases(ClusterPhaseProvider.java:27)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.init(PortalSystem.java:868)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.main(PortalSystem.java:827)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.start.Main.start(Main.java:131)
	at com.webmethods.portal.system.start.Main.main(Main.java:48)
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : INFO) - Shutting down...
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : INFO) - Shutting down components of: MWS
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : INFO) - Shutting down components of: miePhaseOne
2011-03-17 19:00:25 CET (Framework : INFO) - Shutdown complete.

After I have reinstalled fix 6 the MWS started again.

I have to mention that I have not backed-up the DB since I’m just testing the Fix6.

Do you have any idea about what could cause the MWS to fail?

br,
Vlad

I can’t say for sure, but do you have any language packs installed? Additionally, can you see if the file langPacks.xml is in your config directory? If so, is it mal-formed xml?

Regards,
–mark

Hi,
Yes. I have language packs installed.

The file langPacks.xml was not in the MWS config dir, but i have fetched from the DB with “getconfig”.

The file langPacks.xml passes xml validation.

Is there a way to obtain all the config files, so I can then check them?

I’m thinking of something like:
mws.sh getconfig *

br,
Vlad

We don’t have that feature. Not a bad idea at all.

The config files (on my local env) requested from the db are:
global.xml
langPacks.xml
cache.xml
metaContext.xml
metaServices.xml

Could you double check cache.xml for me please?

Thanks,
–mark