MWS Field Logging

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to log the error message from a flow service on MWS.

I observed that if the length of the error message is too large it’s not getting logged on MWS.

Can anyone please let me kmow if there is any setting or any property which we can use to log the large message.

Hi,

please check the table WMERROR if the required fields are long enough.

Depending on wM Version your are on you might need to update IntegrationServer/audit/schema definition files to adopt the change in lenght. Restarting IntegrationServer is required afterwards.

MWS itself does not hold the data but uses IS (WmMonitor) to access the data.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger. I am working on 9.12

Hi Holger,

I am not able to find IntegrationServer/audit/schema defination file under Integration server directory for 9.12 wm.

Where it exactly available do you have any idea ? Please let me know

Hi,

IF you are using an external database for your IS audit/internal JDBC pools, check the corresponding database directly.

You should (must) find the WMERROR, WMDOCUMENT and WMSERVICE tables there.

Best regards,

Hi,

I think this directory is no longer needed by recent versions, but it was at least up to 7.1.
I am not sure for 8.2.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

I have checked the tables WMERROR, WMDOCUMENTand WMSERVICE.

I found ERRORMESSAGE column in WMERROR and WMSERVICE TABLE.

Data taype for ERRORMESSAGE column is VARCHAR (1024). Seems column is able to accept the message upto the length 1024.

However output field value of my flow service is still not logging in MWS when it it bit large. Let’s say the length is 400 then it’s not logging.

Can anyone please let me know If am I looking for the wright column. Is there anyother places where I need to check. I am working on 9.12.

When message is small let’s say message length is 200 then field is looging in MWS.

Hello Neeraj,

Do you see any errors on error logs?

Hi,

please check if you have the latest updates for your ISCoreAudit component applied to the database.

On the other hand you can modify the length of the column at your own risk to 4000 chars.
Restart the IntegrationServer for AuditLogging to notice the changed length.

Regards,
Holger