MQ Connection not visible in MSR or designer nor able to create new connection with same name

Hi everyone. We have installed MSR on AKS. We are also using HELM to configure the application.properties. My issue is that we have a package wherein the “ns” folder has the connection called “ABC” inside it, but it is not visible in MSR as well as in the designer. My first guess was that maybe the package is not copied properly as previously there was some issue with the copy command. But when checked, the pod has the package along with the said connection in the server. So, we thought to remove the connection and create it manually. When I tried to do it, I am getting the following error:

"Error encountered

[ART.118.5011] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to create new connection PackageName.connections:ABC.
[ART.114.30] Adapter Runtime: Unable to create node PackageName.connections:ABC in the namespace.
[ISS.0085.9061] Similarly-named node “ABC” already in use."

IS Version: 10.15.0.0
Fix: IS_10.15_Core_Fix8

Update:
Followed the procedure mentioned here:
Not able to create siebel adapter in IS - Forum - webMethods - Software AG Tech Community & Forums
Seems to be fixed. Changes are now visible

Hi,

it should be avoided, to deploy ART-based object like connections, listeners and listener notifications at all.
Only Adapter services might be deployed as long as they do not contain environment specific informations.

Regards,
Holger

3 Likes

I would probably add something like “unless you know exactly what you are doing”. In other words, one can deploy ART-based objects in a fully automated fashion, but it is a rather complex topic. In particular, because it not only involves in-depth knowledge of webMethods, but more importantly it relies on very clean dependency management. The latter is driven by business requirements as well as the architecture. So introducing this to an existing solution and infrastructure is risky and carries significant effort.

For me this falls into the category of “if you have to ask how to do it, just don’t do it”. In that spirit, Holger’s recommendation makes a lot of sense in most cases.

Thanks, @Holger_von_Thomsen , for triggering those thoughts.

3 Likes

Understood. Thanks @jahntech.cj and @Holger_von_Thomsen