JDBC Adapter - deployment error

Hello,

While deploying JDBC adapter connections from Azure repository (CI CD process), I’m unable to view/edit the Adapter in the target IS post deployment.

Below is the error we are getting in the UI. However, we are able to view the Adapter connection properties from designer.

Error message
Error encountered
[ART.118.5008] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get properties for connection JDBC_Test.JDBC_Adapters:devopsTest.
[ART.118.5016] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get configured values for connection manager.
java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String

Error Screenshot

Kindly let me know if I’m missing any config/fixes.

Hi Gayathri,

generally I avoid deploying AdapterConnections and Listeners, but manage them in a dedicated package for each environment manually.

If you deploy adapter connections to another environment, this should be done while the connections are in disabled state to avoid FW issues. Remember to reload the package after the connections are deployed.
When the connections are deployed for the first time you will have to enter the password to get it stored in the password container of the new instance.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Us too. Indeed, our practice is connection pools are never deployed and always manually defined in each environment. Sounds intensive or error prone but in practice it isn’t. Creating new pools is relatively rare, but of course that depends on one’s specific environment. Usually easier to set it up with the right settings for the given environment rather than chase why the deployment didn’t do the env var substitutions. Or possibly deal with a connection pool that has the settings for a different server (non-prod) for a time such that prod data goes to the wrong place. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.