Modify fields in a web service schema

Hello everyone.

Can anyone tell me the way to modify a web service schema without change the schema domain? is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Veronica,

how was the web service descriptor generated?
From WSDL/XSD or directly in Designer?
For the first variant modify the files and then delete and regenerate the service in Designer.
For the second variant you should be able to edit the schema node in Designer.

See WebService Development Help documentation for further informations.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks a lot Holger!

The web service is generated from WSDL. But if I delete the Web Service Descriptor and regenerate the web Services, the schemas and the documents in Designer I loose the maps of the documents in the flows, donĀ“t it?

Regards.

Hi Veronica,

is this a provider or a consumer web service?

For the case it is a provider service just extract the implementation to a separate service outside of the WebServiceDescriptor folder and invoke this service inside of the webservice node. Use the same input/output definition for both services, the web service provider node and the external service.

For a consumer service we take a backup of the service and after regeneration we copy the content back to the consumer service node.

Regards,
Holger

Thank you Holger!

for example, if I have the implementation in these folders
WebService->FO->docTypes
doc1
doc2
doc3
schema1
schema2
schema3
->service
service1
WSDL
and i would like to change a field in schema1. I will do:

1.- Extract the implementation in a new folder to a separate service outside of the webServiceDescriptor
(to a Temp Folder)
Temp->FO->docTypes
doc1
doc2
doc3
schema1
schema2
schema3
->service
service1
WSDL
2.- Invoke this service inside of the webService node
I have to invoke Temp->FO->docTypes->service1 from the folder WebService->FO->docTypes?

Regards.