Mapping Issue

I ahve an scenerio where i have a
document
documentlist1
documentlist2
documentlist3

at source side

Now i have to map the variables in all these documentlist to target side where we have some other structure…

document
documentlist1
documentlist2
documentlist3
how to map it.
plz suggest me…

Hi Shaik,

Well for mapping fields inside documentlist to fields inside other documentlist you need to use LOOP.
In properties tab of loop put source documentlist in “in-array” and target documentlist in “out-array” and perform field to field mapping.

Let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Puneet Saxena

Hi Shaik,

I am afraid to say but there’s no way that you can directly map document list to document list if both have a different structure. You have to do a element to element mapping for each and every element (variable) that you are trying to map. You’ll have to loop over the document list as Puneet Saxena mentioned.

Thanks and regards,
Net Civilian

ok i didnt actually understand the solution …maybe the solution was not explained in detail …

1. so are u guys saying .just one loop is enough to map all the variables…
  2. i guess the source document has 3 doc lists and target also has 3 doc list.
    PLZ correct me if i am way out of context here…
    thanks
    sri

If you want to go inside of a nested document structure then you have to build nested loops. And work with one document list at a time.

I would recommend Bottom-Up approach.

Doc_List
--------Doc_List
----------------Doc_List <---- work here first

Note: This is only my recommendation you can take Up-Bottom approach as well.

So,
Loop /Doc_List
-------------Loop /Doc_List/Doc_List
----------------------------------Loop /Doc_List/Doc_List/Doc_List

Thanks,
Net Civilian

Hi srikanth05,

Hope you got it from netcivilian reply.

If you have nested documentlist both at source and target both, then you need to put nested loops to do field -to - field mappings.

Regards,
Puneet Saxena

hi,
guess the actual scenario given in the first post by shaik has been clear that the doclist is not inside another doclist example…

given scenario :-

doc
doclist
doclist…

interpreted scenario :-

doc
----doclist
-------doclist
----------doclist …

which is not the case i guess…
so u cant just loop doc/doclist/doclist…becouse there is no heirarchy here…
(maybe the way shaik explained in the first case is not clear enough for me to understand the structure of document…but anyhow let me know what u guys think)

Hi Srikanth05,

Well, in Shaik’s Case if he has 3 doc list inside document at source side and same structure (not the fields or document or doclist) at target.
He has to put loop for individual doclist and give correct “in-array” and “out-array” , so as to accomplish field to field mapping. E.g.

LOOP [inarray : source_doc\doclist1, outarray : target_doc\doclist1 ]
---------MAP [field to field mapping]
LOOP [inarray : source_doc\doclist2, outarray : target_doc\doclist2 ]
---------MAP [field to field mapping]

.Same way for all the doclist inside parent document.

If , Doclist are nested, then nested loop will be used e.g.

LOOP [ inarray : source_doc\doclist1 , outarray : target_doc\doclist1]
-----MAP [field to field mapping]
-----LOOP [ inarray :source_doc\doc1\doclist2 , outarray : target_doc\docl1\doclist2
----------MAP [ field to field mapping]
.Same way for all the nested doclist.

Note: a documentlist (if mentioned in an in-array or an our-array) becomes document inside LOOP.

Let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Puneet Saxena