Mainframe DB2 database Adapter

Is there any adpater for Mainframe DB2 Database?
Can MIS work as adapter for DB2 database too?

I’m assuming you’re talking about Enterprise. You can use the ODBC or JDBC adapters. I’ve used the ODBC adapter successfully. Requires DB2 Connect on the machine where the adapter is running. wM offers a DB2-specific adapter. Last I heard, it was based on the ODBC adapter and was considerably more expensive (20k vs 3-5k for ODBC). Things may have changed by now though.

Don’t know if MIS can be used to access DB2. As it is geared toward transaction-based interactions (e.g. CICS), I doubt that it has DB facilities though it may.

We have just finished successfully configuring the JDBC Adapter, using DB2Connect V7 to access data from our mainframe system. The JDBC Adapter will support both Stored Procedures as well as SQL. There should be a discussion thread that addresses the effort.

Started using Sun’s JDBC-ODBC bridge to communicate with DB2 on the mainframe through DB2Connect.

We changed from this type 1 driver to the following IBM type 4 driver that came with our version of DB2Connect:

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

Understand a JDBC type 5 driver is available in the latest release of DB2Connect. DB2Connect communicates to the mainframe using DRDA.

We also had to write a service that runs a simple select using these DB2 connections every 5 minutes because we cached our database connections and they would time out.

MIS (Mainframe Integration Server) can invoke a CICS transaction that communicates with DB2, but this technique has problems.

We invoked a CICS transaction that issues a CICS START command invoking the DB2 transaction in the proper CICS region and allows the COBOL program to run under its own transid. This is needed for DB2 plans but it also can be addressed with DB2 packages.

Our company uses both JDBC and MIS, MQ, and FTP to interface webMethods to our mainframe systems.

Hi, I need informations about tibco.
Do you know what´s hardware and software requeriments for comunication channels between TIBCO and Card24, CICS, Siebel and connectors use encryption (SSL)?
Do you konw what´s necessary in mainframe/tibco for use direct conection with DB2 database?

Do you know what´s hardware and software requeriments for comunication channels between TIBCO and Card24, CICS, Siebel and connectors use encryption (SSL)?
Do you konw what´s necessary in mainframe/tibco for use direct conection with DB2 database?

Thanks