CICS -> wM -> CICS

Hello All,

I need all possible suggestions from you all - thanks in advance for your help.

Our requirement is to have communcation between CICS(IBM Mainframe) and webMethods and back to CICS in a reply request mode.

We need to invoke a webMethods service from CICS and get the response back to CICS.

What are different configuration setup we have to do on:

1. IBM Mainframe
  2. Steps to perform in webMethods side to receive data from mainframe,

Mainframe should invoke a webMethods service and service should send the response back to mainframe in real time.

Thanks,
Christina

CICS (Don’t ask which version, check with IBM) can invoke a web service hosted on webMethods IS in request/reply mode. Also there are vendors that make adapters/infrastructure for the Mainframe to do this as well.

ShadowRTE (From Progress Software) is the webMethods preferred solution for doing this. GT Software is also a vendor in this space.

We have also used webM ISwith GT Software connection (via JDBCAdapter connection) to Mainframes (CICS & IDMS) systems.It works well though.
Try to explore on this route as well…

HTH,
RMG

RMG/Mark -

Its really great to have you around - thanks a lot for your replies.

Thanks,
Christina

Hi,
If u got the documentaion or help to this can u please share with me please

Thanks in advance

Hi RMG,

We need to connect to IDMS database using WM (8.0) can you please let me know how to go about it? I did not find any information for IDMS on Empower or wM documentation.

Any pointers and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Deepti

I replied to your PM

In the past we used tcAccessAdapter (by GTSoftware for IDBMS) they can provide required jars for JDBCAdapter use to earlier…not sure what with them now:

HTH,
RMG

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.