Locking issue

We are unable to lock any element in the developer and the error is “following elements were not locked.” and nothing specific in the details.

I checked the permissions of the flow.xml and its parent directories in the file system and they all seem to be fine.

Restarted the Integration Server, but the issue still persists.

Can the senior members or the admin help us out please.

Thank you.
Subash

From what user level you are trying to unlock as “Administrator” and still the issue persists?

Try to open new Developer session and login as Admin user and try how it works?

HTH,
R<G

I just tried by opening a new developer session and by logging as adminstrator user.

Still I am unable to lock any flow service. :frowning:

Thank you.
Subash

What is the IS version?

Is there any recent changes to your environment IS or user/Package ACL changes?

Did it worked before any issues in the same env?

HTH,
RMG

8.0.1 with fix26

We had a issue with the IS and we did a restart yesterday first in the safe mode and then in the full/normal mode and since then all the locks have disappeared and we cannot lock any element since then.

IS related to other environments which are on same fix are working normal. Not sure what’s bad with one.

Is there any config that I need to check ?? I compared the aclsread, aclswrite.cnf with the ones in other IS and they seem to be similar.

Thank you.
Subash

I think in our case, even bouncing the server is not helping. Anyways we are on 8.0.1 , so the corresponding fix should be there.

/Subash

May be try this resolution it should resolve:

Description:

Customer not allowed to edit any service with Developer. The following error message occur when trying to lock any service in Developer:

?The following elements are not locked?

Resolution:

To resolve the issue, kindly do the following:-

1. Shut down the IS

2. Backup/Copy the files under this folder <webM_dir>\IntegrationServer\WmRepository4 to a different folder.

3. Delete the files in the original folder <webM_dir>\IntegrationServer\WmRepository4

4. Restart the IS and try to locking in Developer/Designer.

1 Like

Ok. I shall try this now.

Let us know how it goes:

It worked. Thank you RMG… :slight_smile:

If I may ask , I saw many damaged files in there and also RepoV4Log and RepoV4Data. What is the significance of WmRepository4 directory and the repo files ???

/Subash

Glad to hear it worked out.

Its all internal storage to IS run time repository with all kind of information IS,TN items,config Cache etc…There are chances are these files gets corrupted due to mishap in the configuration or common env issues that can affect repository files.

Please read thru the IS Administrator documentation for more Repository4 info.

HTH,
RMG

Shall go through the Admin guide…Thank you so much !

Make sense:

I facing similar issue for wM 9.6 designer. I am not able lock or unlock any of my services. I have followed the steps provided in the above posts but it didnt work. Is there any alternative. ??

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Rajesh.

Hi Rajesh ,

Are you using designer workstation (local service development) then the option to lock and unlock the service will not be enabled , you can edit the services and do the changes.

FYI,

When using the local service development the locking mode is set to “system”.
i.e. the watt.server.ns.lockingMode=system.

You can go through the webMethods Service Development Help for more detailed information

I have a issue here. Upon right click on a element ( whether locked or unlocked), I’m not able to see the options even for unlock or lock for edit in designer 9.7. Can somebody help ?

This is happening today only. Till yesterday everything was fine.

Did you try the troubleshooting suggested in this thread?

If designer workstation is used for local service development) then the option to lock and unlock the service will not be enabled , you can edit the services and do the changes.

FYI,

When using the local service development the locking mode is set to “system”.
i.e. the watt.server.ns.lockingMode=system.

Actually Now it’s is working. Someone just suggested me to disable the WmVCS package, and it worked.

Although I don’t know how.

And I’m not working on local service development.

Thank you.

Viabhav,

Even I faced the similar issue I am not sure why it happened. But when I changed the properties from the watt.server.ns.lockingMode=system to the watt.server.ns.lockingMode=full and it solved my problem.