LDAP vs. SSO

We are currently using LDAP for authentication, integrating with Active Directory.

With LDAP, a user has to first log into AgileApps in order to create their user account. In addition, we need to add an authorized individual to an Active Directory group in order for them to login.

I have been looking at the SSO options in AgileApps, but it not something that I can experiment with until I get SSO configured, which I have not been able to do yet.

So I was wondering if it is possible with SSO to create a user account in AgileApps without having the user login first?

If so, it would make it easier to setup users as we don’t have to go through adding them to a AD Group (this is a slow process in our organization). Plus we can configure the default application and their role in advance.

Thanks.

Hi Howard,

Using SSO ,we are able to create new user without having the user login first.You can also configure their default application and roles.

Steps:-
1)Go to Account Management=>Single Sign On Settings=>Select Sign-ON using Saml
2)Tick the checkbox Create Users.
3)Add Attributes for Firstname,lastname,Email etc
4)Now you can also add the Default Application and Default role for the user.

Regards,
Rohit R Rao

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

This is definitely something I am going to try to get setup here at the State of Minnesota, because being able to create users without having them login can be useful in certain cases.

Hi Howard,

Certain customers have configured scripts to add users by using REST APIs by reading a file containing all the users you wish to add.

There is also another way of importing users in the Contacts object by doing a Data Import and each record created in the Contacts object should then trigger a business rule that will invoke a Java method which will add the user as well.

Thanks
Gaurav