ldap connectivity

WmForum Members,

I am using WM 9.7 and OS is AIX.
My IS is good but developers reported me that they are unable to login to IS via there NT ID so while i check in IS server logs i found below LDAP exception where as i checked configured ldap server is up and running fine.

Do any one knows what corrective action i need to take for below exception?

[CommonLib.MWS.0002I] Reached Connection Error Threashold [10]. Disable Service
Unable to Connect to 0 ldap as CN=fusion,OU=Service Accounts,OU=Security,DC=XYZ,dc=company name,dc=comnetscape.ldap.LDAPException: failed to connect to server ldap (91)
at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr.connectServer(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:515)
at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr.openSerial(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:435)
at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr.connect(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:274)
at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr.access$000(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:44)
at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnSetupMgr$1.run(LDAPConnSetupMgr.java:208)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[Pool-Cleaner]:[Pool - com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_ldapdirsvc.service.connection.LdapConnectionPool][POP.012.0007.wm_xt_ldapdirsvc] Unable to create ldap connection ([POP.012.0005.wm_xt_ldapdirsvc] Unable to locate “ldap ” directory service. It might have been disabled.)com.webMethods.portal.system.PortalRuntimeException: [POP.012.0007.wm_xt_ldapdirsvc] Unable to create ldap connection ([POP.012.0005.wm_xt_ldapdirsvc] Unable to locate “ldap ” directory service. It might have been disabled.)
at com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_ldapdirsvc.service.connection.LdapPooledObjectManager.create(LdapPooledObjectManager.java:92)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.pool.impl.LightweightObjectPool.createNewObject(LightweightObjectPool.java:396)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.pool.impl.SelfCleaningObjectPool.cleanupPool(SelfCleaningObjectPool.java:146)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.pool.impl.SelfCleaningObjectPool.access$000(SelfCleaningObjectPool.java:26)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.pool.impl.SelfCleaningObjectPool$PoolCleaner.run(SelfCleaningObjectPool.java:228)
[CommonLib.MWS.0002W] Updating directory service: meta

Hi Vinay,

please check the status of the Directory Service in MWS.

Restart MWS and IS.

Regards,
Holger

Check the below points -

Validate the ldap configuration in MWS.
Validate whether you are able to get the users in MWS using LDAP.
Validate whether you have configured Central User DB properly
Try restarting MWS once and check.

Hi Holger/Krishna,

I have checked directory services in mws is enabled and able to fetch users even ldap configuration is look good.
Have check with my ldap support and they says that connectivity of ldap looks good with WM system

May i know where do i need to check central user db configuration, where as in IS admin console i can see user management section → Central User Management shows Configured

Can you provide navigation path in MWS console for validation?

As per Holger suggestion, Have restarted IS and Issue resolved but client want to know exact reason for this reboot of IS and resolution steps as this is production server.

Please use the below path to check CentralUsers configuration in IS console.

Settings > JDBC Pools → CentralUsers (Functional Alias Definitions)

Hi Vinay,

please check the server log for any CDS (Central Directory Service) messages which indicate why the connectivity from IS to the ldap was failing, i.e. some timeouts.

Sometimes it will recover from this situation by itself, but sometimes not.
If not a restart of IS is neccesary to initiate a CDS reconnect.

Restarting the Central Users function under JDBC Pools might help but this is not always working.

Regards,
Holger