Lack of 'Software AG components' in the designer after full install

Hi all

i have deployed the two versions of the Integration Suite on my desktop (Windows 7), next to the 8.2 SP2 one.

But, there is no ‘Software AG’ entries in the properties panel and no according view into the Designer of 9.0/9.5 ; the version 8.2 works fine. The corresponding bundles are present, but eclipse doesn’t want to load it. I do the installation several times (directly from the site, with an image, etc.), with the same results.

Have you an idea about the issue ?

Thanks in advance

Fred

Frederic,

You may need to install other version in the different Directory say name it as Software AG1 and Software AG2…Have you installed that way and so you can see the entries in the Programs menu?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG

of course, one directory per version, named webMethods.8.X, webMethods.9.0 and webMethods.9.5. All subdirectories (Terracotta, EDA, etc.) are presents and work fine. No the designer for the version 9.0 and 9.5.

Best regards

Fred

What’s the error message when you try to open the designer?

Is the workspace location properly configured accessible or using Default from the opened Designer?

Any errors?

HTH,
RMG

Hi all

i try to answer globally to your comments. So, the workspace is defined correctly, the plugins are present and i don’t see any errors during the starting of editor. Moreover, i don’t find any kind of log log files into the corresponding directories.

I join some attachments in order to lighten this situation. They resulted from the deployment of Designer with help of webMethods Installer, by selecting overall options, independently of deploying from the SoftwareAG server or with of a local image.

Thanks in advance

Frederic

Ps : i join the Eclipse configuration in text :wink:

-product
com.webMethods.product.designer.ide
-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
–launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.1.R36x_v20100810
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
–launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
-vm
C:/ProgramFiles/webMethods/webMethods_9.X/jvm/jvm170_64/jre/bin/javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Xms128m
-Xmx2048m

Hi Frederic,

In addition of your input, I assume the following:

1. started by a user account with administrator rights

Try to run the designer for console log:

1 Open a Command Prompt window in this directory:
Software AG_directory\eclipse\v36_90
2 Type the following command to start Designer with the console output enabled:
eclipse –consoleLog –vm

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Hi Rankesk

i follow your proposal and try to find the logs, then more details about the startup.
In fact, i require eclipse to clean the pugin repository (eclipse -clean), then check the ‘view error log’ into the configuration panel (About Software AG Designer → Installation details).
So, i find the following message :
!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2014-02-24 14:22:13.084
!MESSAGE Unable to find feature.xml in directory: …\webMethods_9.X\eclipse\v36_90\features\com.softwareag.common_9.0.1.0000-0273

That is awful :wink:
All directories related to ‘Software AG components’ in (eclipse directories) feature and plugins are void. The issue is similar for my overall installations of webMethods 9.0 and 9.5. But, the image file seems to be correct, where the entries embedded into 'wM90XW2K.zip\e2ei,11,LDEV_9.0.1.0.390,BM_DeveloperPlugins-ALL-Any.zip\eclipse\updates\DeveloperPlugins.zip\plugins' are full of content. SO, this content has been lost during the installation.

I will try another direct deployment (ie. directly from the site) in order to try to locate the issue.

Have you another idea ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Fred

Hey Frederic,

This may look little stupid, but I suggest not to name your installation directory with . (dot).

Please install in directory like webMethods_9_X

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Yes .(dot) could pose a problem and didn’t keenly noticed it in the earlier post shots.It’s worth a try giving it a new install location name.

Hi Rankesh

In fact, it seems to be independent of dot or underline.
The installer generates the following message (cf. install.log) for overall files.

[p2.director] Unable to read repository at jar:file:/C:/ProgramFiles/webMethods/webMethods_9.X.Bis/eclipse/updates/com.softwareag.common.zip!/plugins/com.ctc.wstx_3.2.4.0000-0273.jar.
[p2.director] Caused by: java.io.IOException: Access is denied

So, eclipse is installed and running, but without software ag components. In other words, the corresponding (plugin and feature) directories remain void.
It seems the tool is allowed to write to these directories, ins’t ? Or, it masks another issue ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Fred

The error is access denied to the particular directories on C:/ProgramFiles/

Did you check on the permission side of write aspects and thus the install to the SAG components failed?

HTH,
RMG

Hi all

i check (and recheck) my rights on the required directories. I’m effectively Administrator on them, allowing the installer to deploy the eclipse editor. But, i don’t understand why the automatic deployment of features/plugins encounter critical issue.

I have loaded through the ‘Install new software’ procedure, sequentially, according to the dependencies and restarting after each loading. No error :shock:

My editor is now fully operational. I give up the automatic deployment on this part, because i don’t feel anything about this authorization issue.

If anybody have ideas …

Thanks for your help, Rankesh and rmg.