Jenkins Build Failed due to build.properties file

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Free Trial 10.X

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

1. I have installed the web method Server trail version in my Linux box.
  2. I have forked repo from webMethods-sample-project-layout GitHub - SoftwareAG/webmethods-sample-project-layout: Sample project layout for webMethods assets. This sample also demostrates CI quick set up together with https://github.com/SoftwareAG/sagdevops-ci-assets
  3. Then I cloned sagdevops-ci-assets into my local Linux box for future references.
  4. Inside the Jenkins two environment variable created SAG_CI_HOME, SAG_HOME .
  5. Inside my sagdevops-ci-assets System.properties file updated.

Use slash “/” as path separator. Example: Use “C:/SoftwareAG”, instead of “C:\SoftwareAG”.

deployerInstallationPath=/home/viswa/softwareag/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmDeployer/bin/

#Build Server Settings
deployerHost=localhost
deployerPort=5555
deployerUsername=Administrator
deployerPassword=manage

#Target CI Test Server Settings
testISHost=localhost
testISPort=5555
testISUsername=Administrator
testISPassword=manage

1. Created Jenkins pipeline job and added the repo name webMethods-sample-project-layout as source during the checkout.
  2. Jenkinsfile.unix used for pipeline stages to run.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

• /home/viswa/softwareag//common/lib/ant/bin/ant -DSAGHome=/home/viswa/softwareag/ -DSAG_CI_HOME=/tmp/sagdevops-ci-assets -DprojectName=web build
    Buildfile: /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/web/build.xml

build:

initSAGHome:

initDeployerInstallationPath:

initDeployerHost:

initDeployerPort:

initDeployerUsername:

initDeployerPassword:

initSystemProperties:

initProjcetName:

initBuildOutputDir:

initRepositoryName:

initDeployerProjectDefinition:

initMandatoryProperties:

initISProjectsDir:

initISConfigDir:

initBPMProjectsDir:

initMWSProjectsDir:

initRulesProjectsDir:

initUMProjectDir:

initTestPackageNamePattern:

initJenkinsReportDir:

initOptionalProperties:

initProject:

cleanupBuild:

prepareABEproperties:
[move] Moving 1 file to /home/viswa/softwareag/common/AssetBuildEnvironment/master_build
Attempt to copy /home/viswa/softwareag/common/AssetBuildEnvironment/master_build/build.properties to /home/viswa/softwareag/common/AssetBuildEnvironment/master_build/build.properties.original using NIO Channels failed due to ‘/home/viswa/softwareag/common/AssetBuildEnvironment/master_build/build.properties.original’. Falling back to streams.

BUILD FAILED
/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/web/build.xml:27: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/tmp/sagdevops-ci-assets/buildCallABE.xml:46: Failed to copy /home/viswa/softwareag/common/AssetBuildEnvironment/master_build/build.properties to /home/viswa/softwareag/common/AssetBuildEnvironment/master_build/build.properties.original due to /home/viswa/softwareag/common/AssetBuildEnvironment/master_build/build.properties.original

Total time: 1 second

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks,
Palani

`
Hi Palani,
can you make sure that Asset Build Environment is installed in addition to Deployer and IS e.g. this folder is present /home/viswa/softwareag/common/AssetBuildEnvironment/master_build and Jenkins user has the correct set of permissions to write inside ?
Thanks,
Veselin

1 Like

Hi Veselin, thanks for the response I have fixed the above issue, can you please help my other post which I used azure pipeline Azure IS package deployment failed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.