JDK 1.4

Hi *,

Did anybody try tamino client lib with JDK 1.4?

I’ve got the follwoing exception when I tried with JDK 1.4 and Weblogic 7.

<15.07.2002 18:48:20 CEST> <000000> <[dox.tamino.DbCacheBean_snmp1
w_Impl]:[ TAMINO_ERROR -
com.softwareag.tamino.api.dom.TaminoError: TaminoError[8400] HTTP error -1 null
at com.softwareag.tamino.api.dom.TaminoClient.getTaminoResult(TaminoClie
nt.java:1342)
at com.softwareag.tamino.api.dom.TaminoClient.getTaminoResult(TaminoClie
nt.java:1286)
at com.softwareag.tamino.api.dom.TaminoClient.getResultByPost(TaminoClie
nt.java:980)
at com.softwareag.tamino.api.dom.TaminoClient.startSession(TaminoClient.
java:716)


Thanx,
Yauheni

I had the same problem, with the Tamino API for Java. Seems to be that there is a problem with Weblogic 7(The same carries from version 6.1). I Guess, Weblogic 6.1 and the version onwards is not tested throughly with jdk1.4.

Also to note:: Weblogic comes along with JDK1.3.x and the Application Server runs on this version of the JDK.

One solution is, just tryout by editing the startweblogic and the necessary batch files for the JDK related environment variables to point to version 1.4 and restart the Application Server. Hopefully, this should work.

Ravi.