Java Service compile problem with Service Designer

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

webMethods Service Designer 10.11

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

free trial

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

I am trying to create a basic java service

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

The server starts up, I am presented with a list of packages, I create a new one, “MWTest”, I then create a folder, “javaServices”. I then create a Java Service which is created with basic template code, however it appears that Service Designer attempts to immediately compile the java class and I get the following error:

Cannot run program “javac”: CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long

The workspace and Service Designer install locations are both on very short paths with no spaces in them. I am unsure how to proceed and remedy this problem to continue evaluating Service Designer.

This seems to be an Eclipse (Designer is built on Eclipse) issue.
Try these options out (link)

KM

Thank you. I tried searching the error and found many of the same links you pointed to. The issue, however, is that I have no idea what path to shorten. Neither my workspace nor the installation path of Service Designer are on long paths. They are, in fact, directly off the root of my drive and the error itself does not indicate what file, specifically, is on too long of a path.

Also, as I’m new to this environment, I just realized that the error that is occurring when I “save” the java service is happening on the “server” as I’m seeing the exception from the server’s console output.

More information. It appears that the java file is compiling in the workspace, but it isn’t on the integration server. This aligns with the above information regarding the error showing up in the server console.

Hi Matt,
When you say you see the exception from the server’s console output, is there something corresponding to this on the Integration Server’s server logs, or the error logs? ( From the IS Administrator UI, you can check Logs->Server, Logs->Error).
You can also check the Designer error log ( Windows->Show View-> Error Log), to see if there is more information than just
the one line.

-NP

I was seeing the error in the “Console” frame of the Service Designer.

Ultimately, this may be a permissions issue. I will reinstall (again) and try to use location for the server and workspace that are known to be owned by my locally logged in user and see if the issue persists.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.