Issues with Starting MWS

Hello Experts,

I have successfully installed webMethods 10.5 trial version. Created database schema using DB Configurator. and then installed all webMethods components available in trial.

I am able to successfully start IS and access the Admin Page. I am using MYSQL Community server version8.0.16. I am unable to start MWS server, also i cannot see _ful.log files are not generated that folder is empty. The only log i have is sag-osgi.log which has below errors.

I copied the jar files to also see them in IS server Classpaths. No sure what am i missing. Appreciate help.

I am getting below error in

2020-05-06 00:27:09,343 ERROR [com.w.p.s.s.c.p.p.ConnectionPoolManager ] - Error creating database connection to: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/wmmws
com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:174) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.16.jar:8.0.16]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:64) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.16.jar:8.0.16]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:835) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.16.jar:8.0.16]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.(ConnectionImpl.java:455) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.16.jar:8.0.16]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:240) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.16.jar:8.0.16]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:199) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.16.jar:8.0.16]
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) ~[?:1.8.0_222]
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) ~[?:1.8.0_222]

Hi,

looks like you are using dedicated MySQL driver from MySQL.

Can you try to reproduce with the embedded DataDirect Driver?
This one should be part of all classpathes in the same installation directory.
Check for common directory and the dd-cjdbc.jar (will be in a subdirectory of common directory).

Regards,
Holger