IS server Extended settings configuration

I want to change the values of certain configurations. We can make changes either to server.cnf or go to IS admin->settings->extended settings and change the values and save it. If i directly make changes in the server.cnf the changes are not being saved. However the changes made on extended settings are being reflected in the server.cnf. i need to make changes without going to the extended setting. Please let me know the way to make changes in server.cnf to be reflected. Is there any other way to go about this?

Hi Bhavana,

when changing server.cnf explicitly you will have to shutdown and restart IS to get the changes activated.

I prefer changing the settings via IS Admin UI as this is more convenient.
Depending on the type of the settings some of them get activated directly upon save and some will require an restart of the IS.

What exactly do you mean by “directly making changes in the server.cnf are not being saved”?

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Bhavana,

Please restart the system and check.

Regards,
Krish

1 Like

Thank you, Holger von Thomsen & Krishna PB .

I was changing the configuration values in server.cnf & then restarting the server. That was not reflecting.

I stopped the server. Changed the values in server.cnf & then restarted. This worked!

Regards,
Bhavana