IS Document Type references

Hi,

When i created flow services to process the EDI documents,i was referencing to some Document types i have created in my test package.Now i moved everything into a different package(including the flow services and the document types i have created which are referenced in my flow services),i changed the location of my document types in the flow service to point to the new package.The intresting thing i find is,when i find references for the flow service,it is still showing the reference of the document type in the old package.
Can someone throw some light on this?

ramesh.

Actually if you drag the documents from oldpackage to a new package then it will prompt whether to update all the related services,then you should select update all.This makes everything works normally.

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

i did not delete the old package.i just copied all of them into a new package and changed the references to point to new package.but when i go to the context menu of the flow service and click on Find References,it is still showing the old package references along with the new package references.i tried to delete the old package,but even then it shows them up.i tried to reload the package and also restarted the IS, but did’nt help.

ramesh.

Ok in the new package right click on the documentType and check for dependents then this should show up it is documents referencing in the appropriate services.

Actually moving or copying documenttypes/services and make sure referrencing is a crazy process,we have to make sure very keenly even after you change the references pointing to new location.

Restarting IS/Developer only helps if because of cache.

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

when i checked for the dependents of the document types,it was showing up the appropriate flow services.but when i check for references of the flow services,i dont know why it is still showing the documents in the old package.

ramesh.

Ramesh,

I think you have missed some more referencing which you edited the services,see if deeper steps still linking with the old location or temporary created documentReference in the mapping not being corrected or not.

No clues other than this based on my previous experience.

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.I’m still not able to figure out what the problem is.i’m going to create the flow services from the scratch.

ramesh.

When Reference exists to a wrong/old package, we do the following:

Re-map every step where ever the wrong/old reference exists. Also, the drop must be re-dropped. (I guess, the flow.xml has the complete namespace name saved and hence remap or redrop is a must)

Please advice, if you have any other easier way to do.

Hope this helps.

Bhavani Shankar.

Bhavani,

That’s what we have done to solve our problem.I dont think there is any better solution for this.Have to go through the laborious process of remapping.

ramesh.

Its a TDS process,no other go…as i know…