Is anyone running IS on a 1.5 JVM yet?

Is anyone running IS on a 1.5 JVM yet?

I know that WM has not given their official blessing yet. But I’d like to know if there are any other early adopters out there?

We presently have IS 6.5 running in a Sun 1.5 JVM on a Solaris 8 box in a Development environment. We have successfully validated all of our unit test cases against this configuration. All we need now is for WM to certify the Sun 1.5 JVM.

Has anyone else taken the plunge?

What has your experience been?

For those that are holding off, why not take the plunge?

Thanks,

Pw

You can try, but it’s not supperted by webMethods, so I would not run it on production.

At wM advantege I found that Java JVM 1.5 is not yet supported for any webMethods platform including 6.5 and that A Feture Request has been opened to add this version to WM platform support.

HTH,
Kasper

Kasper, thanks for responding.

I agree. We are aware of WM’s current position on this. See here → [url]https://advantage.webmethods.com/advantage?targChanId=kb_home&oid=1612389353[/url]

That alone is reason enough for even the bravest at heart to not take the plunge. Good point Kasper.

I’d still like to hear from any parties out there who have started their own validation of IS 6.5 on a 1.5 JVM as we have, if there is anyone.

Thanks,

Pw