Invoking remote B2B service from local Trading Network

hi gurus,

I have trying to invoke a remote B2B service from my local webMethods trading networks using delivery methods in Trading network. I have configured the partner profile and configured the B2B service that would be invoked when the processing rule is executed.

I have been able invoke the service but the pipeline at remote B2B service does not contain the documentwhich is send by the trading network.

Could anyone help me in this regard. Is it the problem at Trading network configuration or in my Remote B2B service .Currently my B2b service takes no input.

regards
johnson

You need to put bizdoc in your input pipeline on the service you’re invoking (all docs in Trading Networks are bizdocs). Then you need to do a bytes to string, or a bizdoctoRecord service to get the data into a usable format.
If you’re not sure on the exacts - check the Trading Networks documentation.
Hope that helps.

Mike

Help! I’m have a permission problem related to this thread. A TN processing rule creates a service execution task to execute a local service. The local service does a remote invoke, delivering the file (already doing the bytesToString) to a partner server.

If I run the local service as the Administrator user through the Developer, the remote invoke succeeds. If I post a Doc to TN, thereby executing the processing rule, the remote invoke fails. The error log has the message “[B2BSERV.0085.9103] User session required to invoke a protected remote server”.

In the WM Administrator for remote servers, I’ve set the ACL on the remote server configuration to TNPartners. Does anyone know which user is executing a service called from a processing rule? Is this the problem here?

Andy:
How timely. I ran into the same issue yesterday with TN and a remote server invoke. My workaround was to remove the remote invoke altogether and do a regular B2B service invoke.

Andy: Is it possible to make your entire execution chain synchronous – right upto the delivery to the remote box? If you do this, the pub.remote:invoke call is executed under the submitting partner’s username. Hence there should be a session present. In contrast, a reliable delivery service executes as the ‘Default’ user (maybe there isn’t a session created here). Anyway, this is just a thought.

Robert’s solution is much simpler though. Robert - by “regular B2B service invoke”, you meant a simple post to “wm.tn:receive” , correct?