Invisibilty of fields

Hi,

I’m looking for a method to be able to set the invisiblemode for a field through a natural application.

There are variables that I need to have displayed on a screen for some users, and these same variables at times need to be hidden from other users. I have tried to set the invisiblemode to a variable name in Application Designer but the variable does not get placed in the adapter when I save the layout.

I have tried to set the background and foreground color to be the same for the variable, but if a user highlights the variable with their mouse, they will see the field contents.

I know that I can move spaces to the variable if I have to but it would be nice to be able to set the invisibilty mode synamically for the variable. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for the help.

Norm

invisiblemode can’t be controlled via a variable, use visibleprop instead.

I don’t see where the visibleprop variable can be set for a field in the Application Designer.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Norm

Hi Norm,

INVISIBLEMODE is a design time property. It simply defines how a field is rendered in case the status is “INVISIBLE”.
The runtime property you are searching for is STATUSPROP. Here you can set the name of your Natural data field. Please check the documentation which status values are supported here. One of the supported values is “INVISIBLE”.

Hint: Runtime properties end with “PROP” like STATUSPROP. design-time properties don’s (INVISIBLEMODE).

Best Regards,
Chrisitne

Christine,

Thanks!

That works great, except for the alignment of fields on the screen when something becomes invisible, but we can live with that.

Could you point me in the direction of a full list of values that would be acceptable to be moved to statusprop?

Thanks,

Norm

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/natural/njx810/njx/somecommonrulesforallcontrols.htm#rules-visible