Interactive Interface Load problem

I’m trying to load some data into tamino through the interactive interface. It seems like whenever i have an element with more then 49 children i get the following error message

<ino:message ino:returnvalue=“8732”>
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXPE8732”>Value too long</ino:messagetext>
</ino:message>

when i reduce the number of children to 49 or less the data loads just fine.
I have attached the schema and smaple data to this post.

X-Application Version: 4.1.1
Tamino Version : 4.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.1.18
JDK Version : 1.4.1

sample.zip (1.51 KB)

Hi Joey,

there is nothing wrong with the interactive interface, there is a general problem:
you define a standard index on the parent of all your value children.
The value entered into this standard index is built by concatenating all values
of all descendants. In the Tamino version you use, there is an upper limit of 1004

Hi Joey,

there is nothing wrong with the interactive interface, there is a general problem:
you define a standard index on the parent of all your value children.
The value entered into this standard index is built by concatenating all values
of all descendants. In the Tamino version you use, there is an upper limit of 1004 for the value of a standard index. This limit will be removed in the next Tamino version.
However, please evaluate whether you really want a standard index on the concatenated contents of the value elements - this index will not help you searchinig for specific value elements. I could imagine that you would prefer an index on the value element.

Regards

Harald

Thanks for the reply…

you are right… i probably should be indexing the value elements instead of the TypeValue parent element. I will make that change. Thanks for the tip.

–joey

X-Application Version: 4.1.1
Tamino Version : 4.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.1.24
JDK Version : 1.4.1